Inkvader Octopus Jigs

Thread: Inkvader Octopus Jigs

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Inkvader Octopus Jigs

Hokay is it another lure or jig to catch the Fishermen or worthy of purchase.
    Notice that each time a new Toy comes out so do our Yayatube Fishermen come out n make another Video catching heaps n huge Fish.
    This ones a newy for me so looking to see who has good or bad vibes about it..

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Re: Inkvader Octopus Jigs

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Hokay is it another lure or jig to catch the Fishermen or worthy of purchase.
    Notice that each time a new Toy comes out so do our Yayatube Fishermen come out n make another Video catching heaps n huge Fish.
    This ones a newy for me so looking to see who has good or bad vibes about it..
    No idea, still waiting for some of the older models to work as promised.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Ausfish Platinum Member marto78's Avatar

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

All I ever caught with octo jigs was the bottom.

However I do like the beserker jigs with a set of gangs off the bottom of them to whack a pilly on.

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

It is marketed to fishers, not fish.
    Like any lure it will catch some fish but it will not be any more outstanding that anything else, regardless of the hype or sales pitches.

They were not made to catch fish, they were made to get you to spend money...like 100% of every other fishing item you can buy.
    Jack.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

I tried the vexed bottom meats, a baited jig. Thery certainly work, but at over 20 bucks each? And sharks like them, too. So i thought, there must be a cheaper way of doing this, so, got online, and found what I wanted. They work out at 7-8 bucks each, just a sliding head, solid rings, assist cord, saltwater fly stramers, and plain old circle hooks. ########## is your friend for all of it, except for hooks. I'd stick with the Tainawas for that, you don't need special jig hooks. I did buy some, but snagged, and broke a hook on 50lb braid, so i biined them. I find the tainawa 18 or 20;s work really well.

These were my first efforts. using the cheap jig hooks. Since then I've gone back to 3 or even two Tainawa circles, and added Flashabou, and black streamers.

They don't need much action, just a gentle nod of the rod tip, often get hit on the drop. Typically baited with the Lunds squid, but I've also used fish strip. I made some with the third hook extended so you can get a hook in the suids head on the larger ones, don't know if it increased the hookup rate. Snapper usually go for the head end anyway. Target species around our way are pink snapper, Dhufish, bluebone--also catch samsons, in fact I've iaught more samsons this year than several years previous.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

The ###### thing is weird, is the name of a huge Chinese website verboten?

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    The ###### thing is weird, is the name of a huge Chinese website verboten?
    spell it out
    Jack.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

A.l.i.e.x.p.r.e.s.s.

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    A.l.i.e.x.p.r.e.s.s.
    The other big Chinese place T.E.M.U has them also but I would probably be upgrading the hooks although in saying that I have bought prawn lures that are as good as some of the best with good hooks for a 1/10th the price of name brands and they worked.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

I only ended up using the actual sliding heads, streamer stuff, and assist cord. On first use, I had a snag using the jig hooks I had bought from them (VERY cheap) but actually snapped one when when I snagged on 50lb braid. So they were discarded and i now use Tainawa ( square circle) # 20 or 22. Perfect hook up rate.

I've been buying a lot of small stuff from them since then. I'm seeing exactly the same stuff on ebay, for 3 times or more, the price, and I'll bet they are just dropshippers anyway. Because, even if they show an Australian address, it is coming from mainalnd China first. If you order direct from Ali Express, you have a 12 day shipping guarantee. And it comes direct to Perth in my case, not via Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane. Full tracking-I cannot emphasise how good their website and delivery system is, really blows me away.
    I've bought lots of stuff like soft plastic flying fish, big paddle tails, etc, for gamefishing teasers. A fraction of the price of local retailers for the same product. Then I started buying some tools, like split ring pliers, big braid scissors, de-hookers---they have all been good value for money. Even some big skirted lures for use on teasers. Have you seen what they are charging for a couple of those silicone flying fish and some squid, rigged as a teaser? I won't buy line, hooks, rods, reels, etc--They all come from local retailers, just can't skimp on them, too important. The bulk of my money is actually spent at a local, non-franchise tackle shop which has been in business for a very long time. He does reel servicing, rod repairs, and a competitive price, and you just want him to always be there. Hell, I even bought a Tiagra 30W LRSA and fully rollered game rod from him recently, where I could've got it online for maybe $200 less from the big boys. Lot of items have been purchased from the Chinese, direct, but the actual dollars don't add up to a lot. But the savings to me do.