Ball park $$ ?

Thread: Ball park $$ ?

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Ball park $$ ?

G'day all,just wondering if anyone could give me a ball park figure to replace a floor,transom and stringers in a Cruise Craft explorer 500 (5metre cuddy cab)? At this stage there's a couple of soft spots in the floor but I'm guessing this might change once the floor gets lifted.Would be looking to get the job done between Ballina and Brisbane.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Re: Ball park $$ ?

I had a 500 explorer 2003 model awesome boat for stability as so wide but banged as a result too.

it’s a rather difficult transom to replicate so I’d say they would split the top half from the bottom.
    Can’t help with who to use or the cost but the price of new ones are nuts just like everything else these days

Ausfish Bronze Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Hi Banshee
    I have a Cruise Craft Lure which I had the transom, stringers and deck replaced on about 8 years ago. Went into it with a quote just for the transom of $3000 knowing I would probably need the stringers and deck done as well. Wasn't an easy job as the lure has a strange transom setup as well. They ended up cutting the top deck at the back and removing it there to get at the transom. After this the stringer had to be done as well, with a cast deck it wasn't easy but they managed without removing it, remembering being there one day when some bloke was up the front grinding the hull under the cast deck(glad it wasn't me). They quoted $8500 to do it all ended up being $9000. Jackaroo Boats did the job, don't think they exist anymore. All replaced with Coosa same as Thermolite. With inflation etc can't imagine what it would cost today.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

There's a Cruise Craft FakeBook page, might be able to get some info off of there, it is talked about a bit with the older models.
    It surprises me that CC didn't go composite earlier, the change in 2016 was the best thing they did. I had a mid 90's 550 Explorer back in early 2000's which was starting to get soft towards the end, now I've got a 360M, so no wood. Fantastic boats, I don't get how it banged Steve, I haven't suffered that on either of mine, this new one is great in chop or swell. It is all about how you trim them though, pull the nose down and let it work properly and that hull shape throws water as good as my Top Ender.
    Only downfall I've found is they underrate the max hp for the hulls I reckon.
    Cheers
    Corry

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Short boat with the width carried well forward

made it super stable but banged compared my mates Haines 520c which I also fished out of even my other mates 5m jbs center cab handled chop better

I could do higher speeds in the Haines v my cruise raft around Sydney but the cruisecraft was more stable as it carried the width well forward.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Yeah, fully understand that. I fished a lot of other boats before buying another CC, seriously looked at Haines, Carbine and Hooker, but didn't like the way they moved when stationary. Decided to go CC again as I rarely go out in any form of rough weather, and if it blows up I'm happy to slow down, but I really wanted the stability at rest (missus gets crook easily).
    Cheers
    Corry