Government gone mad.... increased regos
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Government gone mad.... increased regos

  1. #1

    Government gone mad.... increased regos

    The full article is here.

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-...vene/103287604

    some of the ideas left me dumbfounded.

    LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

    For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here





  2. #2
    Ausfish Addict Dignity's Avatar


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    I remember reading this and this particular statement blew me away.

    "And before we tell ourselves that this is somehow due to us living in the great open spaces of Australia, the reality is more people live in regional parts of the UK than live in regional parts of Australia."

    If only there was a direct comparison, unfortunately there isn't and like a lot of statistics it's used to support a particular agenda.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

  3. #3
    Ausfish Addict Lovey80's Avatar


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    Anything that comes out of The Australia Institute will always lead to more taxes being paid. Theyíre a bunch of commies that think they know better than the rest of us. Same wankers call the diesel tax rebate a fossil fuel subsidy.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  4. #4
    Ausfish Platinum Member


    Location
    Seaforth QLD & Cairns
    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    These idiots preaching this type of thing had better not be buying anything for themselves that is delivered by any heavy vehicle.

    I'm sick and tired of bending to the minority, maybe if we built our roads correctly initially they wouldn't have the damage they do, it's not the traffic, it's the poor way they are constructed... anyone driven Mackay to Cairns at all in the last 2 years.
    All they need to do is a trip on the A1 from Brisbane to Melbourne and compare it to Gympie to Cairns, chalk and cheese.
    Cheers
    Corry

  5. #5
    Ausfish Addict Lovey80's Avatar


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    These idiots preaching this type of thing had better not be buying anything for themselves that is delivered by any heavy vehicle.

    I'm sick and tired of bending to the minority, maybe if we built our roads correctly initially they wouldn't have the damage they do, it's not the traffic, it's the poor way they are constructed... anyone driven Mackay to Cairns at all in the last 2 years.
    All they need to do is a trip on the A1 from Brisbane to Melbourne and compare it to Gympie to Cairns, chalk and cheese.
    You have to remember that these parasites are usually well ahead of the poverty line, well ahead of inflation, working in a suit at a "progressive" think tank for a living. He's never worked a hard day in his life. the whole time spent in academia. The bloke used to be a strategic advisor to Bob bloody Brown for god sake. It's a shame that anyone is even willing to publish his nonsense let alone speak at the national press club. TAI is an intellectually dishonest organisation.

    https://australiainstitute.org.au/wp...s-2023-Web.pdf

    this is the garbage they publish.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  6. #6
    Ausfish Addict NAGG's Avatar


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    You have to remember that these parasites are usually well ahead of the poverty line, well ahead of inflation, working in a suit at a "progressive" think tank for a living. He's never worked a hard day in his life. the whole time spent in academia. The bloke used to be a strategic advisor to Bob bloody Brown for god sake. It's a shame that anyone is even willing to publish his nonsense let alone speak at the national press club. TAI is an intellectually dishonest organisation.

    https://australiainstitute.org.au/wp...s-2023-Web.pdf

    this is the garbage they publish.
    Ahhh the thorn in the capitalists' side

    what exactly is a "hard day"

    Did Gina , Tiggy , Rupert , James & co ever work a hard day in their life ? ...... me think not

    BTW go have a look at the Board of Directors at the Lowy Institute or the Menzies Research Center & tell me how many of these people have worked a hard day in their life ? .


    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  7. #7
    Ausfish Addict Lovey80's Avatar


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Ahhh the thorn in the capitalists' side

    what exactly is a "hard day"

    Did Gina , Tiggy , Rupert , James & co ever work a hard day in their life ? ...... me think not

    BTW go have a look at the Board of Directors at the Lowy Institute or the Menzies Research Center & tell me how many of these people have worked a hard day in their life ? .


    Chris
    those people arenít lobbying the government to use its power of force to tax me out of the car I need to buy because they have a greens ideology. This Dennis bloke is an A grade tool and a complete liar.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  8. #8
    Ausfish Addict NAGG's Avatar


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    those people arenít lobbying the government to use its power of force to tax me out of the car I need to buy because they have a greens ideology. This Dennis bloke is an A grade tool and a complete liar.
    No they lobby the government to give tax breaks to the wealthy - make sure that the corporates pay as little tax as possible & get as many handouts as they can . Heavily supported by the likes of Gina & Rupert

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  9. #9
    Ausfish Platinum Member


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    When are they going to leave us alone i just went out for tea the other night got pint of beer and a large wine for the misses and that will be $29.50 thanks now they want to increase rego because of the little thing syndrone of my tow vehical bigger than your tow vehical thing.

    Well they can just pay truck rego then and park 5 blocks away from the shopping centre then,they want to give some a tax brake and then just take more from us in rego the place has gone mad.

  10. #10
    Ausfish Addict NAGG's Avatar


    My Classifieds Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)

    Re: Government gone mad.... increased regos

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    The full article is here.

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-...vene/103287604

    some of the ideas left me dumbfounded.

    LP
    So reading this article again ........ there are actually valid points raised.

    Now I don't agree that government should be deeming what car we should buy - I certainly don't agree that the government should be subsidising the purchase of such vehicles via "Temporary full expensing" & the "loss carry back"

    these vehicles have been available for many years but you didn't see them on the road too often - not when these vehicles were anything up to $225K - now days it's common to see them but very few being used for genuine work purposes. ...... clearly there is a free ride available & it's at the tax payers expense.


    [QUOTE]"Temporary Full Expensing" allowed for vehicles to be claimed as an immediate, one-off tax deductible expense, and while that deduction was capped at $60,000 for passenger vehicles, there was no limit for vehicles that can carry at least a tonne.
    And the "Loss Carry Back" tax offset allows a business to claim the purchase of a new vehicle against the previous year's profits if that vehicle creates a net loss for the business.[/QUOTE]



    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •