Checker plate floor options - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checker plate floor options

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Re: Checker plate floor options

I’ve had enough of carpet and different mats. Looking to go a sea-dek option from now on. It’s so much better under foot than the rest of the options. I want to replace my ply floor in the Webster with some sort of ally panel that’s lighter before I do it. Can’t seem to find the right product.

if I was having a platey built, it would for sure be just a standard smooth ally sheet floor with Sea-Dek or equivalent everywhere.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

You could leave the Checker plate floor bare and just wear some thongs or crocs and in winter add some socks .

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    You could leave the Checker plate floor bare and just wear some thongs or crocs and in winter add some socks .
    Yep, just check with the emergency wards at your local hospital for crocs related accidents, they can be deadly on wet surfaces.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Yep, just check with the emergency wards at your local hospital for crocs related accidents, they can be deadly on wet surfaces.
    Can vouch for that ....... learnt that real quick after buying my Barcrusher - not recommended at all

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Checker plate floors on boats is a horrible idea. It provides exactly zero non-slip effects when wet and just makes it harder to put down coverings.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    There my faverate fishing slippers but there not the expencive ones i use the cheap ones.

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Checker plate floors on boats is a horrible idea. It provides exactly zero non-slip effects when wet and just makes it harder to put down coverings.
    yeah i reckon you havent had a boat with a checkerplate floor then....almost 5 years in from personal experience I havent found it slippery when wet unless its covered in fish slime, bait or blood which on a wet deck deck boat can easily just get a quick hit with the deckwash and out the scuppers...

and the only thing it makes harder is with glued down seadeck which IMO is stupid on a fishing boat anyway and only makes more work to keep clean....

anyone that hasnt tried it, cut out a carpet square and chuck down unglued over the checkerplate and try it ..seriously there is nothing easier...

I have carpet glued on ply in my smaller boat and its a real pain to get clean and its always full of sand and debris which of course then ends up down in the bottom of the hull after getting washed.......

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    yeah i reckon you havent had a boat with a checkerplate floor then....almost 5 years in from personal experience I havent found it slippery when wet unless its covered in fish slime, bait or blood which on a wet deck deck boat can easily just get a quick hit with the deckwash and out the scuppers...

and the only thing it makes harder is with glued down seadeck which IMO is stupid on a fishing boat anyway and only makes more work to keep clean....

anyone that hasnt tried it, cut out a carpet square and chuck down unglued over the checkerplate and try it ..seriously there is nothing easier...

I have carpet glued on ply in my smaller boat and its a real pain to get clean and its always full of sand and debris which of course then ends up down in the bottom of the hull after getting washed.......
    I own one boat with checker plate & one with carpet ........ neither is worth considering if you have the option with going to seadeck

Carpet while being cooler & reasonably comfortable can be an absolute pain to clean ....... it holds sand , dirt etc .... hooks are a pain .... it can stain with oil & blood too ....... but ultimately vacuum & washing is a pain.

Checker plate is hot ...... it is slippery when wet / covered in slime / blood .... & it can pit ..... hard on the feet . Yes it is easy to kleen at the end of the day.

Carpet wont last much better than Seadeck

& while cheaper ...... Go Seadeck

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Theres nothing wrong with carpet you can wash it down when you get home and just like the carpet in the house you vaccum the bits and peices up too easy,and if its realy hot a wet down cools things down,and carpet makes the boat a bit more homely and quiter drop something on the checker plate and it puts a ping out to all the fish.

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

I have carpet (glued to ply) in my small boat now. I'm someone who uses bait jigs pretty regularly and carpet drives me nuts every time I get one of those little hooks stuck in it.

Ausfish Platinum Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I have carpet (glued to ply) in my small boat now. I'm someone who uses bait jigs pretty regularly and carpet drives me nuts every time I get one of those little hooks stuck in it.
    Buy your self a Sabaki rod the hooks go inside the rod problem solved.

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Buy your self a Sabaki rod the hooks go inside the rod problem solved.
    I have two of them and only really use them on the offshore rig. Mostly only the smaller rigs fit inside them with 2 sets of strings hanging out the top. I use the jigs I use in the small boat are mostly for winter whiting and I want a light small rod for that.