Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croc jumps in Boat

Re: Croc jumps in Boat

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    But the croc problem has grown a lot and if 1200 a year is a number that’s deemed sustainable where the numbers are brought to a level where huge crocs aren’t getting territorial and causing havoc. Then I’m all for it. Maybe crocs will again learn to fear humans and steer clear

So they caught 2 crocs in the old marina area at Port Hinchinbrook, one which they beleive was the agrressive dog snatcher...

Interesting what you say about the 1200 number In the NT...i dunno how they come up with that but this is just how governments seem to work..

The main criteria for removal, though, is those crocs which have moved into areas where humans also live...i dont think anyone has a problem with crocs fully populating all the remote and low human population areas ..
    Its just we cant have aggressive 2.5m and larger crocs living in the drains within the Cairns city limits for instance or taking peoples dogs off beachs or river mouth areas within the Northern beachs suburbs of Cairns..or in the case of the NT around the actual city of Darwin

To me its just common sense..its not going to neccessarily make those place places swimmable or even safe but surely we have to make an effort to remove known threats to peoples everyday life..

Fair dinkum how long do you think they would last in the Brisbane river or taking teenagers off the beaches of Bribie island..

Re: Croc jumps in Boat

So Katter has presented his QLD safari plan to parliament ..

https://www.msn.com/en-au/travel/new...a07a438&ei=145

I personally think there will be too much opposition to it...with so many people just against it in principal without even trying to understand it...