My 4 x 4 is dangerous - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 4 x 4 is dangerous

Re: My 4 x 4 is dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by steve099 View Post
    Just picked up an MY23 2x4 LSU High Rider DMAX a month ago and although I agree the inbuilt safety alarms are a bit annoying, its not as bad as been made out in this thread.

Yes the driver's door alarm goes off as you need to close it quite hard because the cabin is sealed , cruise is ok once you work out its indosyncocies, economy is I guess ok, handling is fine and it tows my boat like a champ. I only use it to tow the boat so maybe thats why I feel the way I do.

6 years warranty, fully loaded for 46k ex. Whats not to like?
    Yep, all good Steve, but you have a 2 x 4, there are features in the 4 x 4 that make it " dangerous " , IMO.

Even in the 2 x 4, having cruise control set and you drive very early morning, the sun suddenly hits the radar system and bazinger.... cruise control turns off, FFS

IMO the radar and other safety systems are not only dangerous and not necessary, but they do not work.....

Another instance is cruise control ( make that cruise assist, there is NO control ).... when you drive uphill / gradient, the system drops 2 gears to try and keep up the speed, then over the top and onto the flat, it either holds the gear ( 4th ) or takes you 6 - 8 kph over the set limit before changing up, then on the down hill it will not engage cruise until you are 6 - 8kph below the set speed. I also have a 2017 SX high rider 2 x 4 and the errors for this are 3 - 4 kph both ways.......... The 2023 system that takes me 6 - 8 kph over, takes me OVER the speed limit, so who do I send to speeding ticket to ? Cruise Control C/- Isuzu ?

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ausfish Bronze Member

My Classifieds Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Re: My 4 x 4 is dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Yep, all good Steve, but you have a 2 x 4, there are features in the 4 x 4 that make it " dangerous " , IMO.

Even in the 2 x 4, having cruise control set and you drive very early morning, the sun suddenly hits the radar system and bazinger.... cruise control turns off, FFS

IMO the radar and other safety systems are not only dangerous and not necessary, but they do not work.....

Another instance is cruise control ( make that cruise assist, there is NO control ).... when you drive uphill / gradient, the system drops 2 gears to try and keep up the speed, then over the top and onto the flat, it either holds the gear ( 4th ) or takes you 6 - 8 kph over the set limit before changing up, then on the down hill it will not engage cruise until you are 6 - 8kph below the set speed. I also have a 2017 SX high rider 2 x 4 and the errors for this are 3 - 4 kph both ways.......... The 2023 system that takes me 6 - 8 kph over, takes me OVER the speed limit, so who do I send to speeding ticket to ? Cruise Control C/- Isuzu ?

cheers LP
    I find the cruise clunky compared to my Benz (MY21 S class) but the price point is very different. Keeping sensors clean is a must as both cars sensors act up when the cars are dirty and do stuff like sometimes suddenly brake for no reason. Its not a deal breaker for me , more a reminder to keep my cars clean. Totally agree on the picking up speed when coming down the other side of a hill and thats a problem for me as I am on a probation license for the next year.