Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I could probably afford a Stella but lets see this..

I could probably afford a Stella but lets see this..

Ali Express is offering clones of Shimano Stella's for under AUD$100, I just purchased a Stella 5000XG clone for AUD$31 i don't expect much that isif customs allows it thru

Change the bearing and drag washers to genuine Shimano u may have a decent reel

I seen a Stella SW for $88 delivered, i have only used ali express once in 2017 for a AC/DC TIG torch and the service was great

Can provide a link to the reels if anyone likes, also other purchesers post real pics of there delivered orders on the reviews of the product they bought
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: I could probably afford a Stella but lets see this..

do you put these things up to see what kind of bite you get ?

If you could afford a Stella , why look at a polar opposite ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Nagg $31 delivered if it turns up i'll post a video catching a kingy on it

Buying fake goods seems like a good idea until they turn up in the supply chain at your local chemist or as spare parts in a flight you are on with your family from overseas or interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Ali Express is offering clones of Shimano Stella's for under AUD$100, I just purchased a Stella 5000XG clone for AUD$31 i don't expect much that isif customs allows it thru

Change the bearing and drag washers to genuine Shimano u may have a decent reel

I seen a Stella SW for $88 delivered, i have only used ali express once in 2017 for a AC/DC TIG torch and the service was great

Can provide a link to the reels if anyone likes, also other purchesers post real pics of there delivered orders on the reviews of the product they bought
    Alliexpress jayzus ,Joseph n Mary Gazz !!!!!!, Ya didnt didya!!??..
    Knew i should have posted my Dilema as mighta saved you some brainpain at days end !!..
    Recently decided to have a play wiith Alliexpress as prices looked Good..
    So decided to purchase some kastking braid through or via their site and served me right as coupla hundred brainsnaps later the Braid shows up..
    Two spoools actually a 30lb and a 40lb with the 30lb spoool broken having effected some of the braid.
    Messaged Kastking via Alliexpress's message centre only to start a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnggggggggggg messaging back n forth with a Mob based in China that just keeps sending messages and vouchers that dont go through etc !!.
    Placed the purchase in dispute via Paypal whom were the payees for the purchase only to be told i have to post both spools back to China at my cost and claim cost via paypal later !!??..
    Been there4 done that previousely with the same return adress though with a Fsihing Reel in the past but different utfit so learnt or thought i learnt a lesson there lol,,
    Parcel sat at the Post office there with the sellers claiming it hadnt arrived .. Luckilly Post office stepped in and wrote Na-ah !!. and Got both refund as well as a replacement reel then b the Headache caused was not worth it in the least and they know that when dealing with items that are suss..
    FECK Alliexpress from m y end as they know all the messaging going back n forth and did feck all to assist.
    Not on Fleabay i dont purchase no more lol or Local..

Guy I worked with bought a setup to take on a trip to WA. He suffered no illusions about quality and only wanted to catch a couple of fish on his one and only outing. (Didn't want to cart a rig around for the rest of his trip).
    He got his couple and threw the lot overboard after the reel exploded. He was expecting it to happen and wasn't surprised or disappointed when it did.

Hope you are of a similar mind Gazza.

Reels are far more than bearings and drags. In those cheapies the shafts are mild steel and will bend with very little pressure the cogs etc cast aluminium and very poor quality at that and the rest of the build is just as shoddy. Just don't do it.

No it won’t be as good as a real thing with a bearing and drag upgrade
    look at your history of quality products off eBay here

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Nagg $31 delivered if it turns up i'll post a video catching a kingy on it
    Be honest & post a video of when the reel fails ...... it's bound to

A few years ago I bought a reel that looked like a fair old copy of a Stella - A reel that wears the name of a reasonably well regarded brand name & is imported by a well known distributor ......... it failed on it's first trip . The thing is this reel cost many times more than your reel . When I did a bit of research I found out that there are many companies that make copies of reels & some do a decent job - & sell the same reel under many brand names ......... then you have the others .

Do you really feel that such a cheap reel is going to stand up to the task ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The fool spends twice

for the cost of getting out on the water why even risk losing a fish on junk

This is another piss take.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Gazza surely this is a gee up?

Stella with 3 + 1 bearing

I had to find the add - unfortunately Ausfish wont allow it

We will all be running out to buy a Deukio reel on Gazza's recommendation

Nah , Time to send the padded van out to Gazza's place

Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

No this is just Gazza shitting up the forums again I swear he thinks it Facebook.

most normal humans tell us what they have gone and done and how it went
    not their day dreams and what will never happens

How many posts since you have come back with no completion on anything ?
    start a bloody blog and waste bandwidth with that

Tell us what you really think stevej 😂