Thread: Fuel sensor- any good?

Fuel sensor- any good?

Anyone have any experience with the garmin inlin fuel sensor? Im thinking of putting one onto my echomap 95sv.

Re: Fuel sensor- any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the garmin inlin fuel sensor? Im thinking of putting one onto my echomap 95sv.
    Just the fuel line sensor, not the gauge. I dont have a gauge and thought this might help me easily monitor how much fuel I've used (and therefore how much is left) and best running speed. Anyone used one, are they just a matter of cutting the fuel line and clamping the sensor in then pushing nmea plug into the back of the sounder?And are they accurate in terms of fuel use? Thanks Jimmy

Re: Fuel sensor- any good?

Hi Sheik, what engine do you have and how old? If its lateish model that has nmea capabilities you would be far better just buying a lowrance nmea starter kit($80) and a interface cable to suit your motor (@$100-$250 depending brand) You will get all fuel info plus engine temps,hrs etc all on your 95sv. As Spaniard king said in my post you will need the starter kit anyway. I just did it and its awesome, you can add the fuel info onto the side bar so you don't even need to flick screens to see it.