Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trolling Motor

Re: Trolling Motor

Hokeydokes now weve heard about Min Kota Vs Mototguide what about the Haswing i think they are called as a trolling motor , any juice about them regarding reliablillity etc ??..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Hokeydokes now weve heard about Min Kota Vs Mototguide what about the Haswing i think they are called as a trolling motor , any juice about them regarding reliablillity etc ??..
    Interesting motor, never heard of them, when my MK dies migh5 try it at those prices ($1200 + extras) damn cheap, US $'s though.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    If you can find one - go have a look at it ...... flex the the casing on the base - just don't break it

If you want spot lock - you need to run a phone app - you cant do it off the remote .

I've only ever seen one on a boat & when I asked the owner ..... He was ok with it - except for the cracked casing ( It is pretty light weight) & the foot control ( it's not waterproof)

My take - it's like going for a watersnake ...... it's a budget option for someone who doesn't want to pay for the budget option ( Motorguide) .

I dont know if there are very many of these in Australia - or what the aftersales service would be like .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    If you can find one - go have a look at it ...... flex the the casing on the base - just don't break it

If you want spot lock - you need to run a phone app - you cant do it off the remote .

I've only ever seen one on a boat & when I asked the owner ..... He was ok with it - except for the cracked casing ( It is pretty light weight) & the foot control ( it's not waterproof)

My take - it's like going for a watersnake ...... it's a budget option for someone who doesn't want to pay for the budget option ( Motorguide) .

I dont know if there are very many of these in Australia - or what the aftersales service would be like .

Chris
    Just joshing Chris, my MK works just fine. I'd be happy with a MG if it had a screen on the remote, just don't understand their logic of not including it. As I said earlier, my mate has no idea where he is at after he has pressed a few buttons because he thought it hadn't worked otherwise it spot locks well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Just joshing Chris, my MK works just fine. I'd be happy with a MG if it had a screen on the remote, just don't understand their logic of not including it. As I said earlier, my mate has no idea where he is at after he has pressed a few buttons because he thought it hadn't worked otherwise it spot locks well.
    I'll argue this toss forever & a day mate

Motorguide are a good cheaper alternative to a Minn Kota - just dont expect the same features & the same back up ....... save yourself $1300 if that is a driver .

But FFS ...... thinking of a Watersnake or Haswing - nah ........ that's Havel / Mahindra territory

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

My next door neighbour had a Haswing, absolutely hated it, in the end i got him a Minkota which turned up the other day and he can't get over how good it is.

So if anyone here wants a Haswing i know where you can get one cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Totally agree - my first couple of I Pilot MKs were the ones without the LCD - They were a great step up from the foot control .... but that said progressing to the LCD screen made a notable difference . Evan a basic thing like the power level of the remote . Generally I keep the remote in a mic holder on the console (fits nicely) & it just a matter of glancing over to see what is going on particularly when you cant see the motor when fishing down in the back corner .
    It's probably less of an issue if you are up on a casting deck next to the bow mount .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

Chris
    Thanks for the feedback Chris and under your writeup regarding the haswing i did go suss out one of their latest 80lb ers 72"leg and was surprised that they werent as bad as you stated .
    Shaft is solid . The remote (hand) does have spotlock ) though one can use their phone with the Appropriate App though personally i would find that an inconvenience as well as a 30month warrenty rather than two year ..
    Sill undecided but will further research..
    Minkota is out of the equation for this little vegymite though as can get two haswings for the price of one Minkota and the Haswings are getting good wraps up this way..
    Still undecided though.
    Toss up between a Motorguide and a haswing for me at present and come what may at days end ..