Thread: Daiwa Saltist Hyper

Daiwa Saltist Hyper

Anyone used the new Daiwa Saltist Hyper rods? Looking for a rod to suit 30lb mono and a couple of the bigger models look to suit. They feel good in the shop. Keen to know if anyone has caught fish on them and how did they go.

Thanks in advance

Re: Daiwa Saltist Hyper

My young bloke has one for throwing small stick baits , slugs etc

The blank technology is a carry on from other higher end rods - so it's going to be pretty good.

Daiwa has done a pretty good job for the price paid but the trade off is always going to be the components ( winch fitting & guide train ) The stainless steel Fuji guides should be OK - But I'd always wash them down after use & give the a spray with tackle guard or mako oil .

The Saltist range have always been pretty solid & targets those that want to step up from cheaper offerings .

I dont think you'd have a problem with owning one & it does look pretty cool.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks Chris just the type of feedback I was after. I know it might not have the best components but it is only a sub $300 rod so if the blank is pretty good you can’t have it all for that price I guess. I’ll give it a crack and let you know my thoughts

Went to a big camping store and grabbed one. Something wrong with their pricing, was supposed to be $349 but with 15% off but somehow scanned at $237. Gotta to be happy with that. Went straight to the bottlo and spent the savings 😂