Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Re: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

I wonder if our indigenous friends are allowed fires?

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thanks Matt

The only boat accessible place in tropical north Qld that you can have a fire is Lake Tinaroo according to the search on DESQ .

According to GBRMP there are no fires allowed on any island or cay that fall under Commonwealth jurisdiction .

Chris
    Well that's disappointing. Old mate's in trouble then. Some national parks do have designated fire pits i think, such as south mole.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I hope so, some folk might get to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by docaster View Post
    Well that's disappointing. Old mate's in trouble then. Some national parks do have designated fire pits i think, such as south mole.

Nah , none of the islands in the Mole group allow open or ash producing fires ...... I checked when we were making our booking last year .

I think Stricks going to be fighting an uphill battle on that front (fires)..... & when you think about it how many islands / cays they camped on & videoed themselves with a fire ..... It's going to be indefensible.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I don’t know much about this or care much either, but a few things spring to mind:
    Rules are often there to cater for the lowest common denominator. There are enough people out there that wreck these places to mean that some basic restrictions have to apply to the majority of us that do the right thing.

Fires use wood, and I thought there was also something about discolouring sand which affects turtle nests? Allow fires and you end up with no driftwood and no trees/vegetation.

I doubt there would be a case without solid evidence.

Authorities are likely to have acted on the basis of complaints from the public of misuse, at which point there needs to be some follow-through.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    While we are at it what is it with those that want to make Yayatube Fishing Vids that have to have a Female (Not that im against females in Fishing Vids) in Bikini showing her acehole or that close to it that it aint Funny ??.
    Know it was me onboard i would have a hell of a time or should i be saying a Hard Time tryin to concentrate on Fshing thats fer sure .
    But maybe that turns on Peoples to watch Fishing Vids as such !!??..
    Reckon thats what Fishing Vids should be made of ?? , Let hear your thoughts??..
    Take a Bumkin Fishing maybe should be the New Phrase lol..
    I know that I don't mind watching some of the multi gender channels, I am all about equal rights after all

I've always wanted to have a go at spearfishing, only got the chance a couple of times and both times I was frightened away by Tiger Sharks, once at North West, another near Mast Head. This leads me to watching a lot of the spearfishing ones, Reef Addicts is a good one, I did enjoy the B2B series also, along with Youngbloods, but I find YB getting boring now, same stuff again and again, and I'm so over the yahooing, that is really annoying.

I think what really drags me in is what they're doing. I'd love to be able to pack up and head off same as them for months at a time, travelling, fishing and exploring, so that's probably the main attraction... I think I'm actually jealous of them, wonder how many out there are the same.
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    I'm so over the yahooing, that is really annoying.
    One 'Yewww' and I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    I know that I don't mind watching some of the multi gender channels, I am all about equal rights after all

I've always wanted to have a go at spearfishing, only got the chance a couple of times and both times I was frightened away by Tiger Sharks, once at North West, another near Mast Head. This leads me to watching a lot of the spearfishing ones, Reef Addicts is a good one, I did enjoy the B2B series also, along with Youngbloods, but I find YB getting boring now, same stuff again and again, and I'm so over the yahooing, that is really annoying.

I think what really drags me in is what they're doing. I'd love to be able to pack up and head off same as them for months at a time, travelling, fishing and exploring, so that's probably the main attraction... I think I'm actually jealous of them, wonder how many out there are the same.
    Not a bad way to live your life - very easy to be envious ....... how many people get the opportunity to lead a life like this when you're in your 20's early 30's ? Most people are concentrating on careers & or raising families .....
    YouTube has given these youngsters the opportunity / platform to not only to do this stuff but earn enough along the way to consider it as their job. .... or in youngbloods case make millions

As for a bit of bum ..... as long as they add something to it - I wont complain.

Without a doubt though - this space is getting more crowded , competitive & repetitive ...... watching someone chuck poppers over a reef flat has been done to death IMHO - so it's harder for them to keep the viewers interested . That's where B2Bs were interesting as they put themselves out there - kind of in the spirit of Malcolm Douglas .... that was fresh & appealing.
    I'm with you on Youngbloods - now its really about look what toys I have & what can I do for content ...... scooting around in a big expensive boat with all the gear isn't quite the same as the raw stuff back in the day. With that many followers ..... taking a dump will earn him the $$$$ .

I still wished that these you tubers would tell us where they are ...... there seems to be a code of conduct that they all do not disclose where they go or where they leave from - I've heard that they get the heads up from followers & hence why out of respect they do not disclose where they are - personally I don't buy that .

Anyhow - I wonder how big this you tube bubble will get ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Bank on it - it would fall under "Traditional use"

So they can spear a turtle or dugong & have a cook up on the nearest island

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I still wished that these you tubers would tell us where they are ......
    They don't because it's too damn easy to find them. I used to follow Youngbloods - stopped watching around the time of the Genesis sponsorship as the content changed - but out of nothing but curiosity I located both his old + new houses on Google Maps, mostly because I was interested in knowing where he was fishing (looked up the first house to confirm general locality; second to confirm which body of water he was fishing).

Point being that when you film large parts of your life and post it online, it does leave you open to being tracked down and harassed. I had a leg-up with YBS in that I know the area somewhat; for randoms who haven't been there, it'd be a fair bit tougher and that's why they don't advertise where they are specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    They don't because it's too damn easy to find them. I used to follow Youngbloods - stopped watching around the time of the Genesis sponsorship as the content changed - but out of nothing but curiosity I located both his old + new houses on Google Maps, mostly because I was interested in knowing where he was fishing (looked up the first house to confirm general locality; second to confirm which body of water he was fishing).

Point being that when you film large parts of your life and post it online, it does leave you open to being tracked down and harassed. I had a leg-up with YBS in that I know the area somewhat; for randoms who haven't been there, it'd be a fair bit tougher and that's why they don't advertise where they are specifically.
    I'm talking about their destinations ? ..... Island / Cay / Reef etc

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I'm talking about their destinations ? ..... Island / Cay / Reef etc
    For a channel like YBS, that'd be enough to give randoms a good start on locating him.

Adventure channels like B2B run the risk of exactly the scenario they find themselves in now, and likely avoid stating where they to minimise the risk of being reported or having authorities check up on them. Uncertainty regarding location is a great defence against being caught - whether the breach was intentional or not.

Bank on it - it would fall under "Traditional use"

So they can spear a turtle or dugong & have a cook up on the nearest island

Chris
    If they paddled there in there traditional dug out canoe id have no problems with that but not in a tiny and outboard,traditional means traditional not like there traditional dugong hunting with a 70hp johnson and tiny and spear gun.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    If they paddled there in there traditional dug out canoe id have no problems with that but not in a tiny and outboard,traditional means traditional not like there traditional dugong hunting with a 70hp johnson and tiny and spear gun.
    Traditional tinny .....

I don't know where or even if there is a line in the sand when it comes to this stuff .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re : Traditional use of the GBRMP

http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/our-partner...t-barrier-reef
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO