Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Re: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    Web pages are of no legal relevance - they're helpful guides but you need to look at the underlying legislation if you really want to know what's permitted, because web pages typically aren't reviewed by a lawyer for clarity of language and tend to be ambiguous, misleading or even just flat out wrong. A court is only going to care about the relevant Acts and Regulations if you end up in a dispute.

A quick search* indicates that the Nature Conservation (Protected Areas Management) Regulation 2006 is the relevant document. The relevant regulation (r. 138) is below and prohibits unauthorised use of a generator or similar in a protected area**. Storage is absolutely fine.

Probably worthwhile fitting a storage cover though to make it abundantly clear to the casual observer that it's not in use.

Attachment 125363

* I don't live in Qld so haven't looked at it before. There could be a more responsive Act or Regulations that imposes additional demands.
    ** Chris's EU20i/EU22i is under the 65dB(A) limit. I wouldn't want to push the limits myself but there's a decent chance he could run it and be legal.
    I need to be caught running it first ..... which would not have happened - because it was only run beyond the low tide mark

the other thing ... no one else was at the camp site for the entire trip ..... so no one to complain or witness

Hence why there is no issue

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Reaching .... ????
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I need to be caught running it first ..... which would not have happened - because it was only run beyond the low tide mark

the other thing ... no one else was at the camp site for the entire trip ..... so no one to complain or witness

Hence why there is no issue

Chris
    Well Chris you can justify it however you want and if you were the only one in the campsite then its the old "if the tree falls in the forest" scenario...no body is there to know or care .but if I go to a "generators not permitted "campsite to enjoy the peace and serenity that nature has to offer and some joker wants to circumvent those rules by running it for hours in their boat 20m offshore then all i can say is that generators (even Honda's) dont go so good with sand in the fuel tank..maybe some natural justice....

Btw yes we have digressed but on one hand Chris you have said these guys are bad for breaking a rule and staying on a cay and having a cooking fire but on the other hand you are saying that if no-one see's you doing something dubious (backed by a couple of public servant grunts that said "no worries" then its all Ok...

Personally I think many laws and rules are pretty stupid and sometimes make a decision which isnt always lawfull but i do try and consider the feelings of others and the environment around me when choosing a path, hence I see nothing wrong with what B2B have done and actually applaud it (as long as they havent fished in a green zone) and really detest the wasted man hours spent on the witchunt and view these these idiots as worthless beaurocrats...

This thread is quickly degenerating, what happened to our friend Gazza? I seem to have issues with the Ausfish site constantly telling me that the Hong Kong server being used is down so missed his demise.
    Enough of that, back to the original OP.

I was fortunate that a mate worked in the DPI at the time and he managed to get me photos of us taken by the spotter plane and even back then they were very clear. There were photos of our boat rego's, some nice vision of all our gear in the boats our camp sites etc. They used to fly over every 3rd or 4th day so plenty of opportunities to flaunt the rules, which we didn't.
    Eyes have been watching what we've been doing for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    This thread is quickly degenerating, what happened to our friend Gazza? I seem to have issues with the Ausfish site constantly telling me that the Hong Kong server being used is down so missed his demise.
    Enough of that, back to the original OP.

I was fortunate that a mate worked in the DPI at the time and he managed to get me photos of us taken by the spotter plane and even back then they were very clear. There were photos of our boat rego's, some nice vision of all our gear in the boats our camp sites etc. They used to fly over every 3rd or 4th day so plenty of opportunities to flaunt the rules, which we didn't.
    Eyes have been watching what we've been doing for a long time.
    Just healthy, robust debate Sam...

I like Chris...but we dont always see life through the same lenses...

But I'll give him a break now I promise..

I’m with you disorderly. Provided they’ve got it wrong on the fishing. I see this as overreach. And justification for hundreds of man hours used to fine people just to be seen to be enforcing regulations.

the B2B guys have stated that the footage used as evidence was cut and there was no fishing in a green zone. The fact they are going to challenge this in court suggests they think they are on solid ground. I’ve only watched a little bit of their stuff (now a subscriber purely because of the media coverage of this). I bet they get a lot more subscribers after this also. They seem to be environmentally conscious and respect the reef. Seem to me to be good role models for other users over our most important national treasure.

as for the camping/fire part. I think I want to see the Marine Park authorities be more of stewards of this national asset. Not a bunch of Nazi police officers. I want the authorities to look at how respectful these guys are with how they use the Marine park and see they are not damaging anything and are not hurting anyone and leaving the place a mess. A quick phone call, discussion about a misdemeanour camping trip with a warning.

if they had of been more reasonable and had a conversation with them they could have got B2B to do a video about that misdemeanour to educate others about what is and is not allowed. It would have had far more impact and reached far more people for a better outcome. Now unknown dollars have been spent. God knows how much more to be spent on legal fees on challenging the fines over the green zone fishing. They may get a win on the misdemeanour camping issue but every man and his dog apart from the Karen’s of this world will roll their eyes in disgust at how he Marine Park authority have handled this issue.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Scott, Probably due to my 3rd red wine (the previous couple of beers don't count.

I think I was still typing my response while you'd already managed to post, I can't keep up with your guys.

So what happened to Gaz?

Well Chris you can justify it however you want and if you were the only one in the campsite then its the old "if the tree falls in the forest" scenario...no body is there to know or care .but if I go to a "generators not permitted "campsite to enjoy the peace and serenity that nature has to offer and some joker wants to circumvent those rules by running it for hours in their boat 20m offshore then all i can say is that generators (even Honda's) dont go so good with sand in the fuel tank..maybe some natural justice....

Btw yes we have digressed but on one hand Chris you have said these guys are bad for breaking a rule and staying on a cay and having a cooking fire but on the other hand you are saying that if no-one see's you doing something dubious (backed by a couple of public servant grunts that said "no worries" then its all Ok...

Personally I think many laws and rules are pretty stupid and sometimes make a decision which isnt always lawfull but i do try and consider the feelings of others and the environment around me when choosing a path, hence I see nothing wrong with what B2B have done and actually applaud it (as long as they havent fished in a green zone) and really detest the wasted man hours spent on the witchunt and these these idiots as worthless beaurocrats...
    Lets keep it real ..... 30-40m

& let me tell you , you cannot hear the generator at that distance when sitting down low in the cockpit of the boat ....... that's a good 80m from the campsite . So no , nothing to see or hear .
    If there were others there - I would have asked .... btw , ran the gennie twice in 10 days .

So no law was broken & no one was affected ......... The powers that be saw it , asked about it & acknowledged it ....... no foul

anything else ?????????????????

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The powers that be saw it , asked about it & acknowledged it ....... no foul

anything else ?????????????????

Chris
    You wont give up will you...

Until you show me in writing that "No generators permitted" means anything but that then I wont believe the word of the 2 grunts changing the campsite 's dunny paper that said "no worries" back in 2018...

So unless you want to send the Department of environment your photo with the full details to get an official veiwpoint then we are at a stalemate...

We might even be able to get the same nazi's that took B2B down to thoroughly examine it.....

You game, Chris..?

and yes Lovey they could have probably done it in such a way to recruit 2 awesome reef ambassadors with a big Youtube viewing audience but chose to make enemies instead, besides the costs and wasted resources......seems to be pretty typical of the public service doesnt it...

Until you show me in writing that "No generators permitted" means anything but that then I wont believe the word of the 2 grunts changing the campsite 's dunny paper that said "no worries" back in 2018...

So unless you want to send the Department of environment your photo with the full details to get an official veiwpoint then we are at a stalemate...

We might even be able to get the same nazi's that took B2B down to thoroughly examine it.....

You game, Chris..?
    What do I have to give up ?

As I said .. no different to having a rod stowed in a green zone .... no foul no fine .

Do you see any power leads in the photo ? ..... bet you don't , because there were none .

You know know as well as I do ..... you cant be fined for breaking the rules unless you are breaking the rules & there is proof .

If the authorities had cause ..... I would have had been fined ..... you know that .

If I had any concern ....... the gennie would have stayed in the boat .

BTW - most yachts sit off their moorings off these locations & run their generators to charge their batteries .

I know you are trying to make a point ...... try harder

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

You game, Chris..?

and yes Lovey they could have probably done it in such a way to recruit 2 awesome reef ambassadors with a big Youtube viewing audience but chose to make enemies instead, besides the costs and wasted resources......seems to be pretty typical of the public service doesnt it.
    Prosecuting those that fragrantly break the law ..... & videoed it .

Why remove a video from Youtube unless you know you have broken the law .... several times & t includes your family ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

That's what the excerpt I posted from the Nature Conservation (Protected Areas Management) Regulation 2006 is - the actual regulation on which the "No generators permitted" statement is based. It's a simplified summary of the regulation and is misleading / wrong.

Prosecuting those that fragrantly break the law ..... & videoed it .

Why remove a video from Youtube unless you know you have broken the law .... several times & t includes your family ?

Chris
    I am really surprised you of all people have such a high horse to sit on. I mean honestly. Of all the Ausfishers that have ever been on this site I would have expected that camping on an island, building a fire and leaving nothing but footprints would be so unforgiving. Especially with your track record.

aren’t we glad certain Ausfishers never posted the photos of this back in the day?

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...es+nest%2Bfire

These days with cancel culture so rife many are warning that you need to be very careful of setting such standards because you need to remain squeeky clean or risk getting cancelled yourself. Whoopi Goldberg is realising this as we speak. But for you, your holier than thou attitude comes years after acts of vandalism and far more illegal activities, that you got away with, that were made public.

I would have thought you’d be more forgiving under the circumstances.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Well there you go..The Eagle has landed.....or was he roasted..?...

People in glass houses, huh..!

Geez nagg you sure do know how to stir up a hornets nest (Eagles nest..?) and it only took a couple of gallons of unleaded..

Nagg, No doubt we have all done some silly things in our lives particularly when younger...I guess one of the challenges is too not sit too harshly in judgement when others do something wrong , particularly something relatively minor that has no impact whatsoever on other people or the environment (like cooking a fish on a campfire on a remote cay)........ otherwise it can easily be construed as hypocrisy..