Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Re: Beginning of the end of GBR fishing adventures...?

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I feel permits and restrictions should be enforced in high traffic areas where humans are wrecking the place. If a natinal park islands sees 2 people a year camp it and has zero facilities why the hell do you need a permit? what am i paying for?
    I think thats how most of us feel ..it makes perfect sense and doesnt impinge on our rights to access public land..

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Mate you cant - plain and simple because only some islands offer camping ...... with a booking in advance .

You cant just pull up anywhere & just camp .

• Some island National Parks do not permit generators and compressors. Visit this website to find out where you can and can't use a generator.

I think we all now know thats the "law"....most people however just ask why..?...

and no we are not talking about camp areas that many people visit...we are talking about remote areas seldom visited where someone rolling out a swag for the night wouldnt be affecting the slightest thing......

The stupidity of this law and the fact that anyone would in any seriousness try and enforce it remains mind boggling...

and Chris I left up the other "law" just for you....

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I think thats how most of us feel ..it makes perfect sense and doesnt impinge on our rights to access public land..

I think we all now know thats the "law"....most people however just ask why..?...

and no we are not talking about camp areas that many people visit...we are talking about remote areas seldom visited where someone rolling out a swag for the night wouldnt be affecting the slightest thing......

The stupidity of this law and the fact that anyone would in any seriousness try and enforce it remains mind boggling...

and Chris I left up the other "law" just for you....
    Why ? ......

You can say it ........ I had a gennie in my camp - no different if you having a fishing rod stowed in a green zone . no laws broken ........ or are you just trying to be a prick ?

We can call question why rules are in place ....... I do - the thing is I don't ignore them ..... & if I ever did - I would cop it on the chin if caught out . ..... like going over the speed limit in the middle of nowhere. .

B2B s were breaking the law on a daily basis ......... suck it up I say

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I think we need to start a campaign to get all of our islands and sand quays open to overnight camping. With reasonable limitations of course.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Mate I cant find any information where it says i cant camp in national park islands. It just says i need a permit on the ones designated for camping. correct me if im wrong? government websites are designed by retards BTW.

Surely there are literally thousands and thousands of people hiking/motorbike riding/4x4 driving all over our national parks camping over night with no permit. I\ll happily pay a permit if national parks have to service a toilet or pay for camp grounds. But screw paying for one on a random national park with no facilities thats 1000km from anyone.

How many people drive to cape york, pull up on the side of the road with a swag? how they meant to get a permit for roadside camping?

so can you honestly say you've never dropped a swag on a roadside or national park before in spur of the moment and not gotten a permit?

Mate I cant find any information where it says i cant camp in national park islands. It just says i need a permit on the ones designated for camping. correct me if im wrong? government websites are designed by retards BTW.

Surely there are literally thousands and thousands of people hiking/motorbike riding/4x4 driving all over our national parks camping over night with no permit. I\ll happily pay a permit if national parks have to service a toilet or pay for camp grounds. But screw paying for one on a random national park with no facilities thats 1000km from anyone.

How many people drive to cape york, pull up on the side of the road with a swag? how they meant to get a permit for roadside camping?

so can you honestly say you've never dropped a swag on a roadside or national park before in spur of the moment and not gotten a permit?

We are talking about Island camping in the GBRMP - not mainland . The islands & cays are treated quite differently

Gee I thought this point made it pretty clear

• You must book to camp on island National Parks
    I mean if you cant book it - it means you cant camp there - pretty straight forward isn't it ?

BTW - every Island I have been to has had a sign which outlines if camping is allowed or not

Now - it doesn't take long to find out where you can & cant camp ....... I just did a quick look around Cape Melville .

Camping in Flinders Group

Camping is permitted on Flinders Island but not any of the other islands.
    Camping permits are required and fees apply. A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
    It took me about 3 mins to find it .

BTW .... dont get me wrong ...... I would love nothing more than to camp on remote islands & have a fire going of an evening .

A quick look again & it appears cut & dry when it comes to camping in Qld national parks & forests

• Bookings and fees

Before camping in a park, forest or reserve, you must obtain a camping permit and pay your camping fees. Most camping areas can be booked online, at an over-the-counter booking office or by phone. You must pay your camping fees to secure your booking.
    In NSW we do have free camping at certain locations - but the catch is you need a National parks pass others in popular locations cost a bomb / night.

To answer your question on swagging it - yeh I have but not where I'm not allowed to .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Least we know not to camp on island national parks.

Bit shitty there are not enough islands to camp on once you go no north of cooktown. Government regs really piss me off to be honest. Fair enough if you dont want to fund camp sites on all the ultra remote islands, but dont stop people chucking a swag out on the way through. Typical government locking up spots because they couldn't be stuffed managing it.

Going forward I think i'll just do some nighttime 'Hiking" on the island and maybe take a nap in a hammock . wont be actual camping but just a quick lie down to star gaze....

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Least we know not to camp on island national parks.

Bit shitty there are not enough islands to camp on once you go no north of cooktown. Government regs really piss me off to be honest. Fair enough if you dont want to fund camp sites on all the ultra remote islands, but dont stop people chucking a swag out on the way through. Typical government locking up spots because they couldn't be stuffed managing it.

Going forward I think i'll just do some nighttime 'Hiking" on the island and maybe take a nap in a hammock . wont be actual camping but just a quick lie down to star gaze....
    In all honesty - I'm just playing "The devils advocate" here & totally agree that there does need to be more camping options . The trouble i that you really need to maintain these places & the more remote the place the less likely it is . Humans can be #######s - I've mentioned it time & time again ....... they just leave shit behind & cant be relied on to do the right thing .

What you do is up to you ...... & if you think that rolling the dice is worth it - you're the one that will have to deal with it - very much like B2Bs are .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The trouble i that you really need to maintain these places & the more remote the place the less likely it is . Humans can be #######s - I've mentioned it time & time again ....... they just leave shit behind & cant be relied on to do the right thing .

Chris
    And taken in the literal sense how many people would be bothered to leave behind a "dated spoil ground" sign, ie if they bothered to dig a pit.
    Sam

Why ? ......

B2B s were breaking the law on a daily basis ......... suck it up I say

Chris
    Looks like they listened to you and sucked it up Chris....

No more camping or fires on the islands for the B@B guys...

So who said crime doesnt pay...

Its a very nice new boat..

Might have to change their name though...not so basic anymore..

Hopefully they do some trips out to the Coral sea islands and reefs..

https://www.facebook.com/genesiscraf...71032451787630

b2b.jpg

Looks like they listened to you and sucked it up Chris....

No more camping or fires on the islands for the B@B guys...

So who said crime doesnt pay...

Its a very nice new boat..

Might have to change their name though...not so basic anymore..

Hopefully they do some trips out to the Coral sea islands and reefs..

https://www.facebook.com/genesiscraf...71032451787630

b2b.jpg

Yes I saw this yesterday .

If you haven't realised already they are content makers ....... create drama & wait for the cash to roll in .

how good is it when you manage to get back to shore after nearly destroying your boat & bingo - the very next day you have a new boat waiting for you .

It's all about the content

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yes I saw this yesterday .

If you haven't realised already they are content makers ....... create drama & wait for the cash to roll in .

how good is it when you manage to get back to shore after nearly destroying your boat & bingo - the very next day you have a new boat waiting for you .

It's all about the content

Chris
    Of course and so far I have enjoyed their content..the remote camping and catching and cooking a fresh fish over the campfire was part of the "living off the land" simplicity that was nice..

Remains to be seen whether a couple cooking a fish onboard and laying back with a beer from the fridge with the mod-cons will be as interesting in the new series...

Often when youtubers get fully monetized and comfortable it loses its lustre for me...seems to happen about the time they join Patreon and become full time beggars...

But good on them if they make content thats adventurous, interesting and popular to watch and they can make a living or better from it then surely its better then all these other talentless "infuencers" and reality stars getting paid for essentially nothing except posing for photoshopped bikini pics on a beach or similar..

Of course and so far I have enjoyed their content..the remote camping and catching and cooking a fresh fish over the campfire was part of the "living off the land" simplicity that was nice..

Remains to be seen whether a couple cooking a fish onboard and laying back with a beer from the fridge with the mod-cons will be as interesting in the new series...

Often when youtubers get fully monetized and comfortable it loses its lustre for me...seems to happen about the time they join Patreon and become full time beggars...

But good on them if they make content thats adventurous, interesting and popular to watch and they can make a living or better from it then surely its better then all these other talentless "infuencers" and reality stars getting paid for essentially nothing except posing for photoshopped bikini pics on a beach or similar..
    I was talking to old mate today exactly about this stuff ...... there have been a couple of people he followed that have pretty well become a paid commercial . We both agree that they loose their luster & become less compelling . ..... but hey that's youtube . Not a bad way to make a living though .

Hey I love the line ..... "become full time beggars" - I've thought to myself in the past ....... "How could you ask for money ? "

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ausfish Platinum Member

Yep, I think that's it for me as a viewer. I'm guessing they'll be the same as YBS, as soon as it become about the money and sponsors, it lost it's appeal. I've got a few I like for the adventure stuff, Wild Reaches, True North Adventures etc and for the fishing/social side Reef Addicts, JE Wilds etc.
    Just can't handle the "Paid Advertisements" side of things, or the "If it wasn't for you guys", "you guys made this happen, and for that, I thank you" I watched you to start with cause I was impressed with what you did with what you had.
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Yep, I think that's it for me as a viewer. I'm guessing they'll be the same as YBS, as soon as it become about the money and sponsors, it lost it's appeal. I've got a few I like for the adventure stuff, Wild Reaches, True North Adventures etc and for the fishing/social side Reef Addicts, JE Wilds etc.
    Just can't handle the "Paid Advertisements" side of things, or the "If it wasn't for you guys", "you guys made this happen, and for that, I thank you" I watched you to start with cause I was impressed with what you did with what you had.
    I got onto youngbloods a little late ....... but yeh the "you guys made this happen, and for that, I thank you ...... sob sob " turned me off real quick .

Then the brand placement ....... He makes so much money now he doesn't know what to do with it ...... just keep the content coming & the cash rolls in - the thing is it is now pretty boring .

Strick & Fran have to rebrand themselves somehow ....... nothing "basic" about what they now have . I'll certainly watch & see what develops .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

This popped up in my feed this morning. It's a tough life being an "influencer"

Screenshot_20220629-104759_Chrome.jpg