Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your plans for 2022

What's your plans for 2022

Hey all

I don't know about you all - but I live for planning those fishing adventures ...... it just gives me something to focus on for the year ( & sometimes longer) ahead .

I'll always have a minor trip ..... which over the past few years has been Evans head in May ( usually a 9 /10 night trip) & then there has been something more substantial (Central / Northern Qld - this year Etty Bay (Innisail) in August .

who else lives to plan for those far away destinations ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: What's your plans for 2022

Chris, those plans get fewer and further between as I get older. I would still like to do them but find I'm doing all the organising and running around. Kind of thinking others should be doing it. I use to plan trips up to Cape Melville, Daly River, Robinson River, North West Island but sadly don't have a lot of the gear and as previously stated, I need a rest. These days it is quick day trips with an occasional overnighter, looking to a few more 2/3 day trips this year but even then it's still all me doing the work. Still I enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Chris, those plans get fewer and further between as I get older. I would still like to do them but find I'm doing all the organising and running around. Kind of thinking others should be doing it. I use to plan trips up to Cape Melville, Daly River, Robinson River, North West Island but sadly don't have a lot of the gear and as previously stated, I need a rest. These days it is quick day trips with an occasional overnighter, looking to a few more 2/3 day trips this year but even then it's still all me doing the work. Still I enjoy them.
    I hear you - & - I'm totally conscience that I'm getting older too & like you do all the planning / organising . Sadly I dont have those around me that take the lead when it comes to this stuff . It's a shame really but hey that's the reality. I'll keep doing it while I'm healthy enough & movitated ..... but at this stage n life nothing could be better

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Plan for 2022 hmmm tough call , a few charters for me and a trip to Central Queensland some time over winter , no boat is killing me but it’s not possible at the moment . This is the longest iv been without a boat in 40 years , things may have to change . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Planning to get a meter cod and motivate myself to go fishing more

anyone who wants to come for a cod fish down the Riverina is more then welcome

Instead of a few bigger plans I am making more smaller plans so one or two cancels don't create a big miss
    Christmas was cancelled trip to Whitsunday Island and New Year cancelled to Straddie
    Just gunna do more small trips
    Moreton and Straddie and deep drop
    Hopefully the war with Russia and next virus haemorrhagic fever from Beijing winter Olympics doesn't interfere too much
    Cheers

Trev

Cod fishing eildon Vic,
    This year my son and I are going for the metery, we have seen the buggers looking upright at our lures when nesting, heading into Easter they should be on the chew.
    Just love the whole planning thing though.
    Ya just can’t beat fishing can you?

Unfortunately 2022 for me looks like selling my boat. The wife wants a caravan and a travelling we must go.

Not really happy about it but I suppose it’ll have to happen

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Unfortunately 2022 for me looks like selling my boat. The wife wants a caravan and a travelling we must go.

Not really happy about it but I suppose it’ll have to happen

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    Trade the wife in .... just kidding

that would be tough - personally (as a fishoe) I really don't get the whole caravan thing ..... specially if there is no boat to enjoy all those amazing places

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by bobfromblacky View Post
    Cod fishing eildon Vic,
    This year my son and I are going for the metery, we have seen the buggers looking upright at our lures when nesting, heading into Easter they should be on the chew.
    Just love the whole planning thing though.
    Ya just can’t beat fishing can you?
    awesome - sounds like me in my barra fishing days .

How long do you go to Eildon for ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Instead of a few bigger plans I am making more smaller plans so one or two cancels don't create a big miss
    Christmas was cancelled trip to Whitsunday Island and New Year cancelled to Straddie
    Just gunna do more small trips
    Moreton and Straddie and deep drop
    Hopefully the war with Russia and next virus haemorrhagic fever from Beijing winter Olympics doesn't interfere too much
    Cancelled trips suck

last year my boat hit the water on only 3 occasions (incl the recent Whitsundays trip) but I got bang for my buck .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Plan for 2022 hmmm tough call , a few charters for me and a trip to Central Queensland some time over winter , no boat is killing me but it’s not possible at the moment . This is the longest iv been without a boat in 40 years , things may have to change . Matt
    it's pretty tough when you are used to having a boat - specially if you use it on a regular basis .

Getting out on charters at least keep you fishing - so that's something .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Good topic.

I have sold ReBait so that leaves solo offshore adventures out of the equation.

I have the Allycraft Reel Mate which by all accounts doesn't restrict me to rivers, bays and estuaries as it's quite capable of getting to closer reefs.

There is a plan afoot to have a small M & G at Double Island Point and fish from little boats. Putting in at the lagoon and camping close by. This plan will take place a couple of times during the year as is all weather dependent.

Like others, I am not getting any younger, hence I have bought an Austrack Savanah camper and have a couple of trips penciled in, the big one being Kimberleys in July / August, which will no doubt entail some guide / charter fishing and landbased as well in Broome, Derby etc.

I miss the days of launching at Waddy Point on Fraser and hitting the close reefs for a quick feed, hence this type of trip is definitely on the cards.

TBO, fishing is not a priority this year, more looking after my family, staying away from virus's and getting out of Brisvegas.

Having just bought a Mavic DJI Air2S, my drone learning curve is steep but enjoyable.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I found myself tying rigs & leaders yesterday for my Anzac day trip to Evans Head - 100 days is probably about right

I do really look forward to the Evans trip as it gives me a chance to catch up with a good mate who comes down from Qld for a week . Initially I'd camp at the caravan park but a couple of years ago I found a cracker of a house which is only double the cost of a powered camp site ....... all the creature comforts & space . This will be my 6th trip to Evans in the past 5 years & none have disappointed when it's come to the fishing (Spotties , Spanish , NBT , Cobia , Jew & Snapper) - It's also excellent value as the fishing grounds are so close (17lt fuel burn to get to our primo spot & back) - this year will be the longest stay (11 nights) & I've chosen the same new moon period as our extremely successful trip last year.

EVANS HEAD .... bring it on !

That said , I reckon I'll do a Port Stephens & a Crowdy Head trip in Feb & March after the school holidays - pick a weather window , Leave on a Friday afternoon ... come home Sunday afternoon thing - sleep in the canopy. I didn't get to do it last year due to covid ... but did the year before .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    it's pretty tough when you are used to having a boat - specially if you use it on a regular basis .

Getting out on charters at least keep you fishing - so that's something .

Chris
    Yeah it’s tough without the boat but I do enjoy the charter thing as generally they get you out too the productive grounds and you walk away at the end of the day with a bag of fish , no cleaning no maintenance no problems . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......