Thread: Help surfers paradise fishing

Help surfers paradise fishing

Going to Brizzy in morning and then on to surfers and staying in one of those f**k off towers on the beach, Not my choice but lost out in a vote 2 to 1.
    anyway I am packing a travel rod 7ft and an emergency reel/tackle bag, was thinking of throwing good soft plastics into the wash in the evening and honestly Im gunna be happy being at sea level, maybe sneak too many beers in before it starts who knows?
    Any advice for this mexican would be appreciated, been a while since ive fished qld

Mark

Re: Help surfers paradise fishing

Nerang river early or late is good for so many species , IF YOUR IN SURFERS budds beach flicking a lure or placcie can be productive especially where a canal or a branch comes into the river or near a bridge . So many options on the GOLDy check out google maps and go from their , always somewhere out of the weather and the Nerang has some of the best jack fishing around . Best place to get some local knowledge is Doug Bert at his Tackle world store in Southport . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks Matt,
    will check out those places if allowed, good excuse to visit a tackle shop also, wouldnt mind seeing a jack again.

Days like today bring the jacks out on the Nerang , anywhere with structure and late into the night will get you some action . Good slabs of bait with a smaller circle hook and a treble below as a stinger hook will get them , tight drag and hang on don’t put your rod down or lean it against anything as they disappear .
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Used to be able to pump yabbies around the mouth of Loders Ck then fish for whiting at the same spot.

Just got back from Brisbane this arvo, upon arrival at Briz on monday and stepping into a wall of heat and humidity Im thinking how do you do this every day,,,,but got used to it in no time like I always have, so leaving Briz today, the weather was really bloody nice with a gentle breeze from the east I think?, looked at the weather for Melbourne 32c it said, stepped out of Tulla and thought, how do I do this every day through summer.
    So on to surfers or broadbeach I think and staying in a tower on level 30 f**k'n 2, I got a good view of the beach and the gutters but also helicopters and planes and I think a ww2 mustang and all at eyeheight F that!
    Managed to have a fish on the beach and more importantly at sea level, got rained on like a bastard, got a few quiet beers in and got no bites, but no complaints here, the rain and surf was and is warm and the view from dusk to dark is something.
    Did see a bust up at the southport marina though, some trevally looking things with long fins going toe to toe with cormorants over bait fish! that was cool,
    Thanks blokes for your help, Ill have a better crack at fishing the place next time when my itinerary allows.