Thread: Duplicate Simrad or share transducer.

Duplicate Simrad or share transducer.

Hi guys,
    I have a NSS9 Evo 2 that I use mainly as a chart and for navigation, only occasionally as a sounder as I have a furuno 588 for that purpose.

Unfortunately the layout of my boat and where the instruments are mounted vs my fishing position means that 9 times out of 10 when I tyrn to glance at the chart to see how far we have drifted off a mark or id there is anything showing on the sounder that someone is standing between me and the screen and I cant see a thing.
    Im thinking of trying to duplicate or get another device to mount down the rear of the boat so I can keep an eye on things from back there. My nss9 Evo2 does not have wifi. Can I get another device and hook it to the evo2 via the network and mount that device at the back of the boat. I certainly do not want another transducer simply because I have no room on the cat for another one. CAn I get another device and share the transducer>
    Not looking to spend a fortune

Im a little but dumb when it comes tp this stuff/

cheers

Brett

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Duplicate Simrad or share transducer.

Have a look at the S2009 Simrad. Sounder unit, vertical display, uses your existing transducer and Simrad network.

Re: Duplicate Simrad or share transducer.

Sorry Ranmar. I missed the reply. I have a furuno FCV 588 doing the main part of the sounding work and to be honest it is mugh better at depths over 20 mts than the Simrad 3 in 1 thing. Im still working on a solution