Thread: Fulton winch (cost of spares)

Fulton winch (cost of spares)

Hey all

I have one of those enclosed alloy Fulton F2 winches s-l1600.jpg

& I recently broke the handle during my trundle tray incident .
    Anyhow I went looking for a replacement online & I was horrified when they were coming up at around $110 plus delivery (local stock) - Cheaper out of the US but shipping was a killer.

Anyhow I ended up buying a whole new Fulton Winch (same one) for $220 + delivery - since I was going to need to replace the strap in the next 12 months this ended up as a pretty good buy (under the circumstances) but it just goes to show how much we get slugged for spares here in OZ

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Fulton winch (cost of spares)

[QUOTE=NAGG;1694524]Hey all

I have one of those enclosed alloy Fulton F2 winches s-l1600.jpg

& I recently broke the handle during my trundle tray incident .
    Anyhow I went looking for a replacement online & I was horrified when they were coming up at around $110 plus delivery (local stock) - Cheaper out of the US but shipping was a killer.

Anyhow I ended up buying a whole new Fulton Winch (same one) for $220 + delivery - since I was going to need to replace the strap in the next 12 months this ended up as a pretty good buy (under the circumstances) but it just goes to show how much we get slugged for spares here in OZ

Quick word of advice- take the new winch apart and five all the gears and worm drive a liberal coat of lithium grease! I’ve done this for my jockey wheel as the original flogged out at the bearing then went into melt down. New one is doing great and the grease protects from incidental salt water contact