Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: electric anchor winch

Re: electric anchor winch

As ugly as they are on the bow i may consider buying this south pacific drum winch supposedly made in taiwan which taiwan produces some really good pneumatic tools think i read 3 years warranty, going to see if any drum winches come on special on boxing day sales can't afford another bcf seat or sounder sale and lose $400
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this going to be before or after you fix the starter motorbike battery in the splashwell, the boat wiring, the bilge pump, the Epirb, VHF and safety gear etc....?

The anchor ball retreiver is under $100...

With a winch you will also need decent rope(probably expensive dyneema) a good fuse and switch and heavy cable from the bow to the console plus the knowhow to choose those components and put it together ..and do you intend running the winch of the $30 ebay battery..?

Disorderly that winch is a kit, chain, rope, winch, wiring, switch, breaker it just doesnt come with a bow sprit, swivel and anchor

Some places i fish like the botany bait grounds u need to anchor with 10 other boats all in close to get the yakkas

Molenaux point is a kingy location if i fish here it will be with another 30 boats in a 100x100m 150x150m area we call it the parking lot in summer no possible way of using a anchor bouy

I also don't think a anchor bouy will pull a anchor off some reef where im hopping the electric anchor will if i ever get stuck

Here in Vic an anchor is required safety gear not sure about nsw so you may need one regardless,
    The bouys work great but yes you do need some space.
    If you do get stuck on some reef you can drive it off, I don’t think any drum winch will pop it, it’ll stall or trip the cb, we are getting back to gorillas/deckies hauling rope, a lot cheaper and a little bit more reliable.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Is this going to be before or after you fix the starter motorbike battery in the splashwell, the boat wiring, the bilge pump, the Epirb, VHF and safety gear etc....?

The anchor ball retreiver is under $100...

With a winch you will also need decent rope(probably expensive dyneema) a good fuse and switch and heavy cable from the bow to the console plus the knowhow to choose those components and put it together ..and do you intend running the winch of the $30 ebay battery..?
    I agree with all of this Gazz. In my opinion, spend the coin on getting the things finished before looking at the Leccy.

Mate just bought a near new anchor ball retriever off market place for $25 from Bribie island. Sarca anchor off the same fella for $50…. Doesn’t have to be that hard or expensive Gazz.

I’ve used the float for as long as I can remember and lost only two reef anchors which are cheap anyway. Each to their own I guess.

Not having a go. All in my humble opinion of course.
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Disorderly that winch is a kit, chain, rope, winch, wiring, switch, breaker it just doesnt come with a bow sprit, swivel and anchor

Some places i fish like the botany bait grounds u need to anchor with 10 other boats all in close to get the yakkas

Molenaux point is a kingy location if i fish here it will be with another 30 boats in a 100x100m 150x150m area we call it the parking lot in summer no possible way of using a anchor bouy

I also don't think a anchor bouy will pull a anchor off some reef where im hopping the electric anchor will if i ever get stuck
    You got it backwards, bloke..

Listen to what Bob says..if its stuck the anchor retreiver and boat will get off where the winch never will...

Plenty of boats in a small area up here during mackie season and never had a drama with the anchor in 40m if you are careful..

I still dont get why your deckies cant pull anchor....its been done since the beginning of humanity..?

Is your safety gear sorted out yet..?

safety gear.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    I agree with all of this Gazz. In my opinion, spend the coin on getting the things finished before looking at the Leccy.

Mate just bought a near new anchor ball retriever off market place for $25 from Bribie island. Sarca anchor off the same fella for $50…. Doesn’t have to be that hard or expensive Gazz.

I’ve used the float for as long as I can remember and lost only two reef anchors which are cheap anyway. Each to their own I guess.

Not having a go. All in my humble opinion of course.
    Relocating battery and doing the wiring is coming up i only received my blow torch to soilder the terminals only came a few days ago but while my floor is up i need to sort everything out now so i can screw it down and lock everything in

Pulling the anchor is a c... of a job no one wants to do it including my self

That speaks volumes!
    About you….and your mates
    #### this I’m out

What a dumb statement. You just don’t like work. I pulled anchors up out of 5-6 metre boats all my adult life. Well into my 60’s. Easy for a bloke who isn’t allergic to a days work.

Blog Entries

Gazz, the anchor retriever ball system is in no way a C#@t of a job. It is easily done single handed with a tub or similar next to the console of your boat….

Please use some of the time that you spend on YouTube to see how easy it is.

Again, in my humble opinion, other than a trailer set-up for solo launching and retrieving, it is an important piece of gear and knowledge that could seriously open new doors for you.
    Matilda

Yeah I'm over it too..seriously, whats wrong with you..?

My son was pulling up anchors and anchor ropes since before he was 10...it used to puff his chest out and he felt that he was part of the crew and matching it with the adults....

Ok lets put it this way, You have an oar why are u using your outboard? Days work has fa to do with it none of you would even attempt a boat rebuild and u make shit of pulling an anchor?

Blog Entries

I’m out….you do you Gazz. All the best. .
    Matilda

It's a bugger of a job but part & parcel of fishing - you either anchor , drift or buy a leccy

Unless you are fishing deep - pulling a anchor isn't a big deal - specially in a place like Botany bay where it is only 5-15m ....... that's nothing to whinge about.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO