Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: electric anchor winch

Re: electric anchor winch

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Fished around all those islands, dived around them all for decades, no more "rogue" waves there than anywhere else, anyone who says there is are full of shit! Look at the charts, use your head and it's no different to anywhere else!
    tell the bloke who lost his boat that

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah i hear ya's, i will need atlease a 80lb model and there not cheap, a couple of sites i have looked at said recommended is 60lb, highly rated is 70lb for a 19ft hull
    80lb 80lb 80lb 80lb .... oi oi oi

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Electric motors cost 2k in USA one i seen on ebay aminn kota wanted USD$600+ for shipping Nagg is that roughly what u were charged for shipping? Seems quiet excessive

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    tell the bloke who lost his boat that
    I have been at PK one rough day it was all rosey going along the breakwall i had just turned to 10 o'clock and bamm head on into 3 meter swell from flat nothing in a quinny fishabout 4 on board quickly hooked it 3 metery picked us up thought shit not good speared us and broched back into behind the breakwall cleaned out my undies at the wharf lol a good lession learnt from that

1 get a bigger boat

2 never do that again

3 check weather!!!

005.jpgwe have ours on a 18 foot fiber glass boat mate has the same005.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Electric motors cost 2k in USA one i seen on ebay aminn kota wanted USD$600+ for shipping Nagg is that roughly what u were charged for shipping? Seems quiet excessive
    I can tell you exactly

US$1799.99 for the MK & the total was US$2120.80 (exchange rate $0.80) - $2650 landed

At the time the best price was around $3900 (Jan/Feb 2018)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Can buy this one right now on afterpay https://www.anacondastores.com/fishi...xoC0owQAvD_BwE but its no minn kota or motorguide

have experience with watersnake and now minn kota 55lb 12v, with the size of your boat I think your in 24v to 36v territory even for spot lock only, the 12v unit will kill your battery and give the troll motor a hiding.

Can buy this one right now on afterpay https://www.anacondastores.com/fishi...xoC0owQAvD_BwE but its no minn kota or motorguide
    That only has a 54 inch shaft ...good luck with that....on a 20 ft boat that will work in at least up to 4 knots of wind and 0.3m of swell..

Quote Originally Posted by bobfromblacky View Post
    have experience with watersnake and now minn kota 55lb 12v, with the size of your boat I think your in 24v to 36v territory even for spot lock only, the 12v unit will kill your battery and give the troll motor a hiding.
    Yeah i thought so, that ifish bloke paul worstling is running that watersnake on his stabicraft 2050 centre console/side console

I reckon that paul bloke would piss on your leg and tell you its raining

80lb (24 vlt) 72 inch shaft ....... no if buts or whatever

i ran a 55lb at on stage in a 5m Seajay side console ...... it was at it's limit - luckily I ran it with a 200amp AGM .

My 615 WR runs the 80lb with 60" shaft ...... it does blow out when the swell is up

Chris

e
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

There seems to be a massive shortage on minn kota in australia and usa how is minn kota handling warranty claims if its so hard to get stock?

I need to think realistically, we are talking 4-5K electric motors thats alot of money my want needs to meet what i can afford..

A huge amount of power isnt needed i don't expect to hold position in the hawkesbury river on a full moon/king tide or power along against the current at 8kph pretty much just need the electric anchor

Get an anchor retrieval buoy - cost about a hundred bucks - works with any length boat and any length anchor rope - don't have to wire it - don't have to buy batteries to power it. Just don't pull from a transom cleat to retrieve it - do it from the bow.

NEW Anchor Retrieval Float 250mm with Snap On Ring from Blue Bottle Marine | eBay

Yep cool you’re jets!
    4 to 5k gets you in the region, then there’s the battery and lithium is the way, so then you’re close to what the boats worth, get a really good anchor rope setup and use your mates as the anchor winch.