Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: electric anchor winch

Re: electric anchor winch

Yes i know and understand that Digs but its also about voltage input rather than voltage output, the wireless receiver is what fails with over voltage input

The motor is dc brushed there for u can vary the voltage but the electronics have a input voltage rating for the wireless remote receiver

IMG_1117.jpgIMG_1118.jpg
    12v lifepo V watersnake

Quote Originally Posted by bobfromblacky View Post
    IMG_1117.jpgIMG_1118.jpg
    12v lifepo V watersnake
    They sound like real rippers these Watersnakes...

I know a couple blokes who bought Watersnakes because they were so much cheaper. The old adage of you get what you pay for. Both fell apart and they had to upgrade to Minn Kona and Motorguide.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I know a couple blokes who bought Watersnakes because they were so much cheaper. The old adage of you get what you pay for. Both fell apart and they had to upgrade to Minn Kona and Motorguide.
    Yep, 2 mates have gone the same way, strange as Watersnakes were one of the first leccys on the market but just haven't bothered to upgrade any of their gear.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Very interesting as he also mentions Voltax meeting the specs but I thought Ranmar had some issues with them.
    Sorry, just picked up on this--my issues with Voltax were not based on ownership, but what i saw in a tear-down of one--they use the masses of small cells all soldered/welded to bus the get the required series/parallel configuration. This gives you many, many possible points of failure when subjected to vibration--which you will get a lot of in 4WD use, and boats as well. The 3 large cell configuration is much more durable, putting any other considerations aside.

On the subject of lithium ownership, I have been very happy with both of mine so far, although it has been less than a year. The slimline Baintec 75ah which lives in my ute powering a MT-45V Engel has been perfect--I haven't pulled it out to run it in the boat as a House backup yet, but will do so later in the year. It's all ready for plug and play.

The 150 ah Amptron in the camper just murders the old 2x 105ah AGMs , running off less solar and never having to run the charger in the evenings, unless it has been heavy cloud for the entire day. It is powering a 130 litre freezer and Mt-60V Engel, as well as all the lighting /small device charging/ water pumps, etc. The advantage of the voltage curve on the lithiums vs the AGM's is very apparent. The LED lighting is full brightness all the time, and the refrigeration runs so much better. Ever heard people say their car fridge runs so m uch better on 240V? Your AGM/lead acid cells start dropping voltage the moment they go off charge, and you are down to low 12's very quickly, then 11's. They just don't run well at those voltages. Lithium holds low 13's for ever, you are only down to low 12's when getting close to fully discharged, which is why the old voltmeter is no longer a reliable guide to charge remaining.