Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
As Scott said in an earlier post, Chris, it's the dream of fishing remotely enough that the fish have seen no, or little pressure. Been doing trips like Matts' for 15 years or so and find it hard to be interested in the flogged inshore stuff anymore. Confidence in you vessel, safety gear and contingencies, critical eye on the weather and REALLY careful planning are paramount and make for some incredible experiences going wide. Most of my trips are distances like PPs', 3 days, 2 nights. A lot of the areas nth east from the Daintree only get the odd charter vessel or marlin boat in transit pressure. I'm talking about up through Escape and the lower Ribbons etc. Had some memorable trips out from Airlie from Black reef to the north through Wallaby etc. and you get the feeling that your the first one there when you don't see another boat for days. Anyway, each to there own. I'll keep doing the miles as long as my old bones let me.
I'm hearing you - but you still have to be set up for doing those kind of trips . Doing an overnighter appeals to me but the boats configuration just doesn't lend it'self to doing that with 2 people due to the narrowness - hence sticking to day trips.

Chris