Thread: Water Storage and Water Collection while Camping.

Water Storage and Water Collection while Camping.

Nagg’s thread about the portable shower had me thinking more about water storage and collection while camping.

I don’t know about you guys but for my whole life while camping. If it hasn’t rained in 6 months it will if I go camping.

what are your DYI ideas (or other) for water storage on your vehicles and collecting when you’re at your camp sites. Especially if you are going to be in one place for a period of time and fresh water is a bit of a distance to get to. Do you have systems in place for when it rains or is it a case of running around with buckets trying to collect it off the tarp when it does rain?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Re: Water Storage and Water Collection while Camping.

I’ve a water tank for my patrol. If you don’t have room you may consider a water bladder while you are away.

If you have room take a few extra jerrycans

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Was thinking a couple of these collapsed in the truck and placed strategically along the main tarp could extend the water on those days you get the afternoon storms if in one spot for a while.

https://www.countrycomfortlpggas.com...r-storage-tank
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I have one of those collapsible tanks (but a different brand) that I use for shower water when camping. It's been a worthwhile purchase for me. I roll it up and keep it in a spare camp chair bag for storage. As for collecting water, its a combination of buckets from the river or under the corner of the awning if its raining or even a petrol pump depending on the situation or how close the water source is.
    Take note that the collapsible tank does need a level spot for use otherwise it will tip over and spill. The top of my tank also has a zip up lid with a gauze hole in the middle so it could actually be set up to catch water in the right situation and still keep leaves and muck out.

I was mulling over this last week

normally when camping out on the islands I use 20lt water cubes - Last time I carried 60lts on top of the additional 80lts of fuel ..... that's a lot of weight for the trip over to the islands . .
    This time I'll take only 20lts & obtain the rest at Hammo

Jerry cans / cubes do take up a lot of room ...... so I ordered a couple of collapsible water cubes which will save on space .

Collecting rain rater using a tarp is a pretty efficient way to supplement your needs though (use a tub)- I do this for water to wash wetsuits / clothes & keep the town water for drinking / cooking.

With the landbased stuff , my car has a 60lt water tank

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Sand spears work well in the right places....
    Jack.