Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight Boat Covers

Re: Lightweight Boat Covers

My phone chucks in random words the "its" was one of them in my last post, i will order the supplies in a couple weeks spot light has waterproof canvas for outdoor furniture i'll likely grab that i have roughly worked out i need to stitch two 5x1.5m lengths together to make 5x3m lay it over the hull than pin down the 5 points and fold excess over and mark with chalk add allowance for folding and stitching than work around the perimiter

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

Had two OS. They don't like 100kph too much, stitching flogged out and wear-throughs

Took both back for a refund, just had a custom $3160.00 h/d cover made with a five year warranty.

Yes, I had too much money

Quote Originally Posted by Stressless View Post
    Had two OS. They don't like 100kph too much, stitching flogged out and wear-throughs

Took both back for a refund, just had a custom $3160.00 h/d cover made with a five year warranty.

Yes, I had too much money
    What material is classed as heavy duty? Is it proper thick canvas?

Hi Sam i haven't ween on the water for over 12 months since i moved to upper Caboolture i have been busy getting set up in the new house, new boat shed & lots of yard work
    A trip up your way to soak a few pots & maybe wet a line sounds like a good plan I will give you a call in the near future

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    My quote for $3,500 was for that “Sunbrella” material I think they call it Gazz. It was to have extra vinyl stitched around the canvas where there was a “rubbing” point like the rocket launcher rod holders etc.
    Matilda

Gday guys, I had a sunbrella cover made and it lasted 6 years before rotting beyond usability. I have had a new one made and coat was similar to Ducksnutz. Easy to install a custom cover. Is it worth the extra dollars, not sure??

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Time and use will tell:

https://www.rickyrichards.com.au/tec...ne-jetty/jetty

What is the price?

We just had amassive short sharp down pour my boat tarp was flooded holding around 300-350 litres of rain water i am currently siphoning out my tarp pulled back so asmall portion has gone on the floor and out the bilge, a ton of leaves stuck in the tarp too

The sooner i get this cover made the better

If you make this cover it will look like an arsehat !
    Leave that stuff to the pros,
    Save your time and money, use the cover you’ve got, just point the trailer nose up and spend your time and resources on stuff that you won’t f**k up

$3,160.00 to cover a 16ft side console

We just had amassive short sharp down pour my boat tarp was flooded holding around 300-350 litres of rain water i am currently siphoning out my tarp pulled back so asmall portion has gone on the floor and out the bilge, a ton of leaves stuck in the tarp too

The sooner i get this cover made the better
    Bloody good tarp if it can hold 300 to 350 kg of water. Where do you buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Bloody good tarp if it can hold 300 to 350 kg of water. Where do you buy them?
    Its a industrial ARK Tarp the sag in the tarp was just touching the floor the tarp sucked inside the boat, took on a huge pool behind the seats, in the splash well and up on front of the console

I have it all siphoned now and repositioned the tarp all covered now kind of like a pitched tent