Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What brand 17ft have glass structure

Re: What brand 17ft have glass structure

That’s bs Gazza
    the amount of times you doubted yourself came from you alone
    It’s amazing though the amount of times you mentioned sinking or failure and yet you cut corners left right and center, ignore peoples advice and then post videos of it like that’s what normal people do

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    As a first build i had people from all positions bending me over saying it will fail, boat will snap in half, it will sink, transom will fall off, in amung all there there was people just down right hating me, having a go at me for whatever reason

I had a small portion of blokes on here that actually assisted with helping and positive encouragement had i got that right thru the build it would have been a rosey ending

There was pretty much a pissed of person at every turn saying your doomed #### it was so hard with so much negativity

Now i know i have the ability to fibreglass altho not perfect it hasnt failed i have a bit of trust in my work and maybe next time i can focus on perfecting my faults, i wont need to be guided

People wont need to get pissed off as i likely wont need their advice but saying that it was hard to get advice from 3 people at once and everyone wanting me to follow there method on one job without pissing off the other two people
    Early days yet

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

"People wont need to get pissed off as i likely wont need their advice but saying that it was hard to get advice from 3 people at once and everyone wanting me to follow there method on one job without pissing off the other two people"

Gazza I'm glad its floating and you are happy with it but I don't think you followed anyone's advice at all, at least the first time around, occasionally the second time when things stuffed up but generally the excuses flowed with lack of money, time etc.

Play around with the one you've got and go catch some of those kingies you love then maybe in 12 months time think about doing another one.

I have a bit of borrowed money to pay back but i will also have some spare, im keeping a lookout for a hull thats in good nick with glass stringers so i can quiet easily knock it over, the big boat is fishable but not finished completely but im not fussed im keeping that bad ass boat so i can keep working on it over time it was also just entered into a competition i had no idea about but accepted it

A smaller 17ft boat with glass stringers, nice gelcoat job i can buff etc.. would be nice

Maybe turn it into one of those dive looking runabouts

it was also just entered into a competition i had no idea about but accepted it
    This I have to hear about! What sort of "badass boat" comp are we talking here?

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Coastguards most likely to get rescued comp....

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    At the local pipe house...

You were the one with the humble brag that it was in a comp. Why not just spit out the details?

Come on Gaz. What's the comp?

Pipe dream perhaps

Matt

What type of pipe house, crack, meth, what. Please explain

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

It may end up on an episode of "The Captain"

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

My old boat just poped up on facebook for sale think i sold it for 1.8k he has 3.2k on it now, same registration number, same engine, same sticker on port side of engine, same steps on transon all he has done is paint it aqua
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another 19 footer with a wave breaker and twin 80hp, 100hp yamaha 4 strokes would be awesome

Comp? Inquiring minds are interested

My old boat just poped up on facebook for sale think i sold it for 1.8k he has 3.2k on it now, same registration number, same engine, same sticker on port side of engine, same steps on transon all he has done is paint it aqua
    Isnt that the boat you bought with a hole in bottom that you bogged with JB weld and then sold to some other poor sucker...>

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Comp? Inquiring minds are interested
    The mind boggles...