Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two pumps - one inlet?

Re: Two pumps - one inlet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I currently use my deckwash pump for dual use. With a set of valves after the pump. It’s the expensive Marco type that Moose sold a while back. I think I am going back to the old way and using it just for deck wash duties and using a plain old bilge pump mounted below the waterline on the outside of the hull on the transom. The only down side is that it won’t pump when on the plane which isn’t a big issue in the creek/bay boat.

I find things like herring last WAY longer if they constantly have fresh water pumping in and flushing the scales out. With the Marco pump it can pull up to 25 Amps so not good on the battery if you’re in a spot for a few hours on spot lock as well.
    Drill a hole central in the pumps base and mount it on a bracket with a scoop and it will pump on the plane without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Drill a hole central in the pumps base and mount it on a bracket with a scoop and it will pump on the plane without issue.
    Like this
    20211123_195304.jpg
    I've been down the path of using a single pump for both functions but eventually gave it up due to pressure/volume differences required for deckwash and bait pump didn't give me what I wanted.

$5,000 to install a bait tank pump and a deck wash pump? That is quiet some money for installing two simple pumps i can see why your doing it your self

This is abit of a good topic as i still have pilchard guts all over my boat all dried up, i shouldhave got the boys to wash down there mess after we headed back in