Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Re: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    My parents were from that stock - Imagine ( this is true)
    Walking 1km to the station at 5am ... carrying your tools (chippie) - getting on a train .... travel to Sydney - then on a bus out to Diamond Bay (Vaucluse) to build these in the 60s Attachment 125104

That was 5 hrs a day (travel).... for 3 years

I'm still in awe of what he did & sacrificed ..... 22 years before he bought a car - spent the money sending the 5 kids to a private school instead.

There was definitely something about those post war (displaced people) who came to this country ..... the ones that were called wogs

Chris
    By the way - those units sell for around $1.9m today

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

ppppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I'm more disturbed to the fact that you were private school educated Nagg

Na, those early post war migrants, bleed blood with there attitude towards work, it's what kick started Aussie in all honesty.

Col
    Yep - Catholic schools ...... mum & Dad didn't want their kids going to public schools .

There is no way that I could have kept up with my father ..... but as he saw it - he never wanted the kids to have to try .

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

2200 km done in the Tesla
    $0.00 spent on fuel and electricity, so far solars managed to cover 200 percent of charging
    will see how that goes through winter

from my now limited knowledge of how not works and some dodgy road to marine conversions
    for boats to have 300 hp worth of electricity to cover 150km of marine range will require a 440kg battery pack plus 100kg of cooling and charging equipment
    that’s if they could make its safe

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    2200 km done in the Tesla
    $0.00 spent on fuel and electricity, so far solars managed to cover 200 percent of charging
    will see how that goes through winter

from my now limited knowledge of how not works and some dodgy road to marine conversions
    for boats to have 300 hp worth of electricity to cover 150km of marine range will require a 440kg battery pack plus 100kg of cooling and charging equipment
    that’s if they could make its safe
    Your summers usage may balance out the rainy, stormy, short winter days so if your getting free travel now i reckon on a yearly scale it would pan out next to nothing, my sister is getting a tesla and i calculated the power cost to only be $25 there abouts a charge