Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Re: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    The old folks will remember the first self serve 'after hours' stations. Drop 20c pieces in the slot and watch the green lights come on. $2.20 was the maximum you could get. Would fill a holden tank with some left over.

Of course our wage was about 20 bucks a week... lol
    There used to be one of those near me, we would all scrounge around for 2 bob (20 cents) pieces. My mate had an old EH Holden, he used to put 25c worth of petrol and save 25c for his lunch at work! Remember the days when a guy came out, put the petrol in your car, checked your oil and water for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    There used to be one of those near me, we would all scrounge around for 2 bob (20 cents) pieces. My mate had an old EH Holden, he used to put 25c worth of petrol and save 25c for his lunch at work! Remember the days when a guy came out, put the petrol in your car, checked your oil and water for you?
    Back in the teenage days my mate git his first job as a servo attendant. The first car he served he checked the water. Filled it right up.
    Turned out to be an east-west engine.
    Yep. Filled the oil hole to the top with water.
    Got the sack the same day. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au;[URL="tel:1692048"
    1692048[/URL]]Fuel is slowly going up for me now, a few months back the independant was 88.5cent than 7-11 was 99.9cent now 7-11 is 1.04cents and another independant down the road has just reached 1.06.5 for LPG

my car towing my boat uses at worse no air con and no sunroof up 1 tank of LPG or around 40 litres

In saying my tank in the boat is 60L we atill only use what we put in being in a pinch atm i only put in 25-30 litres once we use that we go home
    how many kms to that 40l. Without that info it’s a pointless statement
    could be horrific fuel economy or it could be good

I get around 125kms to a tank towing the boat i dont get much more without a load only 140kms that is stop start traffic a little bit of 80km zones

I just filled up cost $37 at 103.9/L and a guy said nice car and asked if i wanted to sell it

So 28l per 100
    lpg is 20 percent worse fuel economy so that’s about 23l per 100 for petrol use

not horrific considering the weight and age of the tow vehicle
    you will prob add 200kg more when finished plus another 100kg when you fit a decent sized fuel tank

She only gets 250kms to 57L of unleaded full tank

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    She only gets 250kms to 57L of unleaded full tank
    Equals 22.8km/100 so

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    So 28l per 100
    lpg is 20 percent worse fuel economy so that’s about 23l per 100 for petrol use

not horrific considering the weight and age of the tow vehicle
    Wins today's prize of bacon

Matt
    Last edited by shortthenlong; 22-11-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: forgot the dot

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Bacon is a basic human right
    If the government tried a ban on bacon I'd be the first to squeal like a pig and mount a protest ....

As far as gazza's figures go, well, one day Gazza reckoned he got 30 km's with 30 litres of fuel on the new boat..a couple of days later he reckoned he got over 2km/l ...

He seems to just make it up as he goes along with whatever pops into his head at the time.....probably best to stick to within swimming distance of the coast I reckon...

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong;[URL="tel:1692061"
    1692061[/URL]]Equals 22.8km/100 so

Wins today's prize of bacon

Matt
    Because I was good with number guesses ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Because I was good with number guesses ?
    No maybe because he thinks you are being hard done by your doctor...

What right does he have to tell you you cant have bacon....

Protest and show him some FB posts that discredit his advice.....!..

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    The old folks will remember the first self serve 'after hours' stations. Drop 20c pieces in the slot and watch the green lights come on. $2.20 was the maximum you could get. Would fill a holden tank with some left over.

Of course our wage was about 20 bucks a week... lol
    Those of us who were juvenile delinquents would also know that you drilled a whole through the bowser glass and used a screw driver to stop the counter turning. Pump never reached $2.20 but plenty of cars queued to fill up. So I am told.

but how are u chaps going up in QLD with 400 litre tanks in trailer boats?
    It's summer....they're sitting in the shed while it howls 35 knots for the next three months, so we're going all right!

but how are u chaps going up in QLD with 400 litre tanks in trailer boats?
    I know its a strange concept to you gazza but some ppl buy a boat within their means... If you can afford the 400 litre tank you can afford to fill it

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    I know its a strange concept to you gazza but some ppl buy a boat within their means... If you can afford the 400 litre tank you can afford to fill it

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
    My first exposure to big boat tank capacity. Had a mate ferrying a Bertram from Port Stephens to Botany Bay after a tournament. Told us he would refuel in the Hawkesbury if we wanted to contribute to fuel and marlin fish the rest of the way. Jumped aboard at Brooklyn. Went to the bowser. At the 350 litre mark I went a bit weak at the knees. Fortunately we only paid a portion lol.

I work hard and don't think twice about the cost.

That said, I'm not filling my mate's 45' cruiser that slurps 120L of diesel per hour at a 20 knot cruise. That'd make me wince.