Thread: Am i getting raped by BCF or what

Am i getting raped by BCF or what

Possibly bad timing but im feeling hard done by shopping at BCF

Firstly paid $651 for 2 seats now there $300 a pair

Paid $939 for my lowrance triple shot 2 weeks ago now its selling for $849

I was advised to contact BCF for a refund of the difference i just contacted live help and the bloke couldnt care less
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Am i getting raped by BCF or what

Bcf regularly have specials
    if you didn’t rush in on that sounder and waited you wouldn’t have felt hard done by
    $100 isn’t being gouged

with the seats tough timing as well I don’t see it as Bcf doing anything wrong and half the time is the supplier who dictates the specials

Plan save and wait for specials

Yeah i understand that but i don't know when bcf is having a special, kind of sucks i spent $1590 and lost out on $441 that is huge money for me or anyone without much money

Kind of sucks ay

Don't get me started again on big chain stores.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Possibly bad timing but im feeling hard done by shopping at BCF

Firstly paid $651 for 2 seats now there $300 a pair

Paid $939 for my lowrance triple shot 2 weeks ago now its selling for $849

I was advised to contact BCF for a refund of the difference i just contacted live help and the bloke couldnt care less
    Just bad timing

It pays to know what the market price is ...... & wait it out

I just did that with the Engel mackerel box ...... I would look every week & then when the price dropped - BANG bought it that day & saved $100

Anaconda is always worth monitoring - I've picked up some real good savings ($99 Dune 2.4 x 2.4m awning ) was insane

Sunglasses - you should be able to pay less than $200 for spotters & mako's ...... Not $290

My policy is not to pay full freight from the chain stores ...... If it's not on special or discounted - I wont buy it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Im going to start subscribing to get emailed about specials that is a lot of money i have paid out and lost out gotta be close to 1/3rd

That’s boat ownership, all of us have been skinned over time and generally keep it to ourselves, I recommend you do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Plan save and wait for specials
    or do a gazza and buy whatever is available on the spur of the moment and complain about getting screwed in the ass...whilst often going totally against the advice that he asked for..
    I think I have heard this broken record before and it gets kinda boring...

Hey Bob i have documented the whole build so far on ausfish no secrets hidden itsown part of showing people the cost involved

Gazza, it’s like this. If you need something straight away, you research find the best available price and you buy it.

If it’s something you want and don’t need it yesterday, you know the price of the product now, you research, keep looking and eventually you’ll find it somewhere at a discounted price.

That’s life my friend

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

BCF’s sister company Supercheap refund the difference to your club account if something goes on special within 2 weeks of a sale. I’m sure the owners of BCF know customers’ pain of missing out on a special, but I guess there isn’t enough competition in that sector to implement the same policy.

gazz , like everyone above have said "Be prepared to bargain or show eveidence of cheaper elswher en they will match price ".
    Had three Rods out at once yesterday and all three went off at once lol. Two i landed the other went into the mangoves and snagged me so left it there in the hope it may take a run back out!!??.
    Whilst my attention was elsewhere it decided to head in deeper into the mangroves snapping the tip of my Abu 610 baitcaster rod so into BCF today for anothery.
    Ended up witha Samaki 10-20lb for $109 down from $139 so didnt do too bad .Just have to ask is all..
    The Abu was a nice Rod and might be able to fix when im not feeling too lazy but in the meantime Theres grunter out in them thar Hills so have to have the means to haul ..
    Could use the Wives 30lb Handline n reef em in but she has claim to that line so Tis the Rod n reel im afraid ..