Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need or Greed

Re: Need or Greed

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Now its Boats , Boats , Boats but prices are Faaaaaaarrrrrrrkkkked !!!..

Hmmm thankfully I can't see a new boat on the horizon for me ...... The 615WR is big enough to do the trips out to the reefs in , small enough to still go jack / barra fishing in up North .... easily handled on my own & quite economical to run .

Even if I wanted to upgrade ...... I wouldn't know what to buy as anything bigger would also require a new vehicle ( I like my current set up - Navara / norweld canopy ) - Even with trade ins I reckon I would be up for $240K plus ....... nah , I'll pass.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab;[URL="tel:1692152"
    1692152[/URL]]Great topic here...
    I have a couple of Shimano reels I bought a few years back, when they were the Bee's knees of next level down from your Stella's etc, in all honesty, off hand I can't remember the model.
    They weren't cheap by any means.. They got fished two may be three times, then have been serviced cleaned and not used for a long time.
    My greed, or fetish, as I have previously said is modding up old Penn reels, it saves me from having a full set of Stella's, as I know how weak I am....
    It's my challenge, to pimp up these old dinosaurs to perform as well as the modern versions do. In all honesty, it costs me as much, but delays the spend as I build the reels up.
    Are they as smooth and U-Bute as the modern offerings, No, but they can certainly perform as far as doing the job....
    God knows what my reel collection would be if I didn't have this re building fetish...

Col
    I wouldn’t mind a big 16/0 senator as a shelf ornament above the tv to annoy the missus