Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FB Bargains

Re: FB Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Chamelion View Post
    Snagged this boat for $2500.

Ally Craft Avalon 395.
    Mercury 25hp sea pro (145psi as tested by me in both cyls). Part way through a self service. Just have to do the water pump for piece of mind.
    Motorguide 54lb cable steer. Works perfectly, just missing a bit of paint on the mount.
    Sounder in it has a busted transducer mount, but I replaced that with a lowrance hook2 7x triple shot that I snagged for $250

I'm pretty chuffed with it. Took it out on the weekend and had no problems at all.

Attachment 125144Attachment 125145
    Pics not working but 2.5k for a 4m tinny in summer is a really good price

Had a 395 Avalon with a Johnson 25hp two stroke boat was from Blake’s and outboard from a Johnson dealer in Blacktown who’s long gone

it had a transom mount minnkota mounted on a bracket on the bow, bow mounts were way out of my budget

a mate ended buying it a few years back for his grandfather and it ended up at port Stephen’s and the grandson would chase small blacks out of it off port Stephen’s

You're not wrong Gaz, bit unrelated but earlier this year I was ready to drop $2600 on a new guitar from Japan with a 14 week wait time, with no option to play it before purchase, I held off and thankfully I did, one popped up on FB about two months ago for $350, slightly different to what I wanted but had the same bones and would at least give me the chance to try one out, when I plugged it in after getting home my jaw dropped, it plays better than I ever expected and now I'm not even going to bother getting a new one, certainly worth keeping an eye out on marketplace if you're in no rush to buy something.