Thread: Rod n Reel Hoard

Rod n Reel Hoard

Getting to the stage i need to sort out what to do with my older Rod n Reels !!??..
    Keep em all and divvy up amongst grankids when i kark it or sell or giveaway to a needy home ??
    Who else is facing this Dilema??...
    Kinda gets in the way from wanting a new Brand n the Missus reminding you how many you have hoarded up n dont use or havent got enough hand to use them all at once lol..
    The New Daiwa Lexa TW 300/400 kinda keeps me awake at nights ..

Re: Rod n Reel Hoard

Attachment 124938Attachment 124939
    7EF38656-4D18-4004-9D56-026FCE17542B.jpg
    i upgraded everything this year, this is what I take for a days fishing
    I have doubles of the spin gear

I gave my son all my older loomis and earlier Luvias and stradics and the daughters got some outfits as well

will do me till I retire and might upgrade one last time before I have to give it away

still have my rock spin sticks and beach rods plus offshore gear but it hasn’t been used in ages just stands in the corner

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Attachment 124938Attachment 124939
    7EF38656-4D18-4004-9D56-026FCE17542B.jpg
    i upgraded everything this year, this is what I take for a days fishing
    I have doubles if the spin gear

I have my son all my older loomis and earlier Luvias and stradics and the daughters got some outfits as well

will Do me till I retire and might upgrade one last time before I have to give it away

still have my rock spin sticks and beach rods plus offshore gear but it hasn’t been used in ages just stands in the corner
    Very nice ..... you like your Millers hey ?

I did recently go all Millers for my Snapper fishing - bait & placcies Millers.jpg

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I had a few of his custom rods twenty years ago and like them
    I know these are Chinese made but they seem to work and look ok too
    afterall if you can’t fish may as well look the part

I have a bunch of blade tails and a few venom swim bait rods too, the blade tails are for the son or any mates I take fishing
    no point giving them crap gear and I’m using something better
    it a little bit cheaper if they do something wrong and break it

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Getting to the stage i need to sort out what to do with my older Rod n Reels !!??..
    Keep em all and divvy up amongst grankids when i kark it or sell or giveaway to a needy home ??
    Who else is facing this Dilema??...
    Kinda gets in the way from wanting a new Brand n the Missus reminding you how many you have hoarded up n dont use or havent got enough hand to use them all at once lol..
    The New Daiwa Lexa TW 300/400 kinda keeps me awake at nights ..
    It's tuff culling ...... but I reckon you need to every decade or so

I recon I've got 10 rods that I'm not likely to use ever again & 6 that might get used every blue moon (barra & bass)

I'm not so bad on the reels - because I typically had multiple rods for a reel - but it would be 8 reels.

I found my accumulation has come from the phases that I went through - I haven't bought a bream or bass outfit for 10 years - probably similar for Barra ( I did buy a rod for my Weipa trip).

When I bought my barcrusher the focus went to offshore - slow pitch , jigging , snapper & GTs - yeh , the barra/ jack gear still is of use in NQ .

I haven't owned any game fishing gear for 20 years now & culled them the minute I sold my old CC .

As I said - It's hard to cull ...... but what's the old saying - If you pick something up & it doesn't bring you joy .... get rid of it ! There is gear that has been superseded & doesn't even serve the purpose of "mates gear" so it's probably worth offloading - get some coin out of it & fund something that you will use . I guess I'm lucky that I dont get sentimental about gear ( I sold off game rods that I made ... no dramas) . I've got mates that still have old Penn Senators , Everol game reels matched to broomstick game rods which dont get used ..... & are probably not worth much any more - hence why it's probably worth offloading gear while it is still relevant .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    I had a few of his custom rods twenty years ago and like them
    I know these are Chinese made but they seem to work and look ok too
    afterall if you can’t fish may as well look the part

I have a bunch of blade tails and a few venom swim bait rods too, the blade tails are for the son or any mates I take fishing
    no point giving them crap gear and I’m using something better
    it a little bit cheaper if they do something wrong and break it
    I've got a couple of his locally rolled Beast Buster "toads" & one of his production rods (Ian Miller Design) Beast Buster LM

There is nothing wrong with the production rods - they are technique specific & pretty darn good at a not too unreasonable price . Without doubt though , it's a step up to his locally produced rods ..... but you pay for it .
    I bought the two "Toads" has they are a powerful but sensitive rod & not represented in the Miller Design range . .... nothing equivalent either from other manufacturers . I'm actually looking forward to using them up North at Christmas.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO