Hi all
we recently took the plunge and bought a S290G thermal camera from IRIS. against the grain of the usual FLIR M232 that is more often selected in this price and usability bracket.
Its been interesting! and there are some differences between the two brands/models that i find very cool.

So firstly. nothing against FLIR. they make a great product and their IP integration with most MFD brands has been sensational. I would say the biggest complaint is their cost if you want anything over the basic 9htz refresh rate etc. Though still no bad words.

So the Sentinal was offering 25hrtz refresh rate 388x244 resolution. with gyro stabilization. for about 7500AUD. about 4,000 cheaper than FLIR.
The sentinal as analog video only with a RS +/- control cable a RJ45 cable is also attached, though i cant see what this is used for yet? Iris has advised its for future use. perhaps a Video over IP model is coming or IP controls?

Setting up the old school but very usable and quick controller was fine. i wouldn't mind a more modern color backlit controller and smaller footprint. but i can't fault it for being bomb-proof!

The body of the camera is powder-coated white. id imagine it would be possible to get it to powder-coated in any colour? Iris was very very easy to talk to and deal with.

So i guess its early days. but here's a little video after our install, all in all. pretty happy

https://youtu.be/M1biQ8pMpOs