Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who else gets a buz from planning a fishing trip ?

Re: Who else gets a buz from planning a fishing trip ?

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I try to multi purpose gear to try and cut down, but that doesn't really work in all honesty.
    I always seem to chuck in extra stuff, I might have finished a recent reel Mod and want to try it out, or o'l mate rings with his latest custom rod build and wants me to give it a testing..
    It's all part of it I recon. Be Prepared !!!
    When my boat was on the water, everyone new Wednesday's was my day out, ( I'm on call over the weekends), so there was the inevitable phone call late Tuesday nights with someone getting an r.d.o and inviting themselves, they were always great days out, but In all honesty, after a good couple of months, I was fair hanging for a solo session, as good as it is to fish with mates....
    Nothing beats a great solo session...
    Most of my weekend trips are solo & I really enjoy them - As much as anything it gives you a chance to reconnoiter an area without having to look at a bored face of your deckie ... they just want to fish.

Road trips are best shared & these days I either take a mate or my young bloke (20yo) comes along - he's not really a fishoe but loves that getting away road trip / camping / snorkeling. These are great because usually the mate is someone I haven't seen for a while , so the catch up is great.
    Even that part of planning ..... who to take ? is challenging enough as I really only like fishing two from my boat .

It has to be said though - sharing moments with others is gold ...... like our 4 way spotty hookup back in May - luckily it was captured on video & shared with a good mate.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Attachment 124732
    37D0A2D8-3D1C-44BF-8F8F-3D65892F9036.jpg

weather report was way off got blown off the dam this morning

I get a buzz from planning trips a few weeks away but a pain organising instant trips eg ; , waking up n looking at the weather to see "Yep Good day " and a wee bit of a rush getting organised to head off..

244kms today for 2 hours fishing a soaking and no fish

did get some more experience with the live scope and found saw enticed lots of yellas and saw a few cod

new trailer is awesome though i wouldnt have reloaded it solo with the old one had waves going over the transom

Years ago me and my mates use to just be spontanious one would call and we'd agree to go fishing than one ofus would call more friends and we'd make a day ornight of it

But the last 5 years we have been planning aday before, early starts up at 4am at the ramp by 5:30am on the water for sunrise to target pelagics

Never really been aplanner for multiple days away once im out on the water fish once i fall a sleep its all over when i wake up just over fishing

We try to make the most of a day tho 10-12 hours fishing use to be common go home when your drained running on empty hungry, sun burnt, exhausted, good time with mates tho lots of laughs

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Years ago me and my mates use to just be spontanious one would call and we'd agree to go fishing than one ofus would call more friends and we'd make a day ornight of it

But the last 5 years we have been planning aday before, early starts up at 4am at the ramp by 5:30am on the water for sunrise to target pelagics

Never really been aplanner for multiple days away once im out on the water fish once i fall a sleep its all over when i wake up just over fishing

We try to make the most of a day tho 10-12 hours fishing use to be common go home when your drained running on empty hungry, sun burnt, exhausted, good time with mates tho lots of laughs
    Yep did hundreds of those trips

The rock fishing trips of the 80's were the worst ...... 2, or 3 hour drives to be on the rocks before daylight to catch live bait - fish most of the day & then the haul home .
    We did similar with our boats ..... You can do that when you're younger .
    I'm no longer a fan of the 3am wake up ..... come home at 6,7,8 pm - then spend a few hours the next day cleaning up .

These days it's look for a weather window - leave Friday afternoon ...... swag out at the ramp & be putting the boat in the water before other boaters get there - Saturday I can stay on the water as long as I like - Swag out Sat night ...... fish Sunday morning (if I want to) - be on the road (midday) - home 3-4 hours later. These days if I go to Port Stephens , there is a cracker of a car & truck wash which lets me wash the boat & trailer down . It's still a mini mission but heading to Port Stephens , Crowdy Head , Jervis Bay or Batemans Bay have good fishing & options ..... with nowhere near the crowds of the Sydney boat ramps.

The other thing is that these days the trips are not weekly (if weather allowed) but more a monthly thing (pre covid)
    As soon as I can travel to the regions - I'm off

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

pppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Yep, both Jervis and Batemans bay I am looking forward to getting stuck into, never fished there..
    Heard it can be good..
    JB is certainly an interesting area - lots of options .

I like the Clyde river ..... but never really seemed to crack the offshore scene but admittedly I pretty well only fished down there in Winter ... did catch some reasonable snapper but nothing like up the coast.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

ppppppppppppppp

Narooma and Tuross heads have awesome takeaways on the water front to keep the missus happy

ppppppppppppppppp

we looked at a investment property 2 years ago for 380k it sold afew months ago for the thirdtime for 680
    like all coastal properties its gone mental

i love the south coast but all the van parks are getting less and less boat friendly
    adding more cabins and shrinking parking spaces unfortunately

i need to find a new fishing club hat does in land and coast trips

.ppppppppppppppp

Still want to get to the coast and try the live scope out