Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone have a yamaha 50-70 hp comparisons ?

Re: anyone have a yamaha 50-70 hp comparisons ?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Get a skeeta boat from the usa i read shipping companies go by cubic volume so u could fit 3 skeeta boats in one container flog 2 off to cover your cost once landed ur laughing

Cost ya about 5k for a hull instead of 60k
    Im not sure where you get your figures from or understand finances also I’m not buying or interested in buying old shit

But a top of the range 20 foot skeeter is pushing 80-90k
    200 plus k worth of boats as all the risk to save a few dollars isn’t exactly financially viable for a individual
    or financially smart

But you complain about cheaping out buying a new engine 12k over buying a 60k boat

This was a outboard thread turned into a boat thread wheres the nancys now?

I have no idea what your on about There is no complaining going on

it was a stop gap upgrade after seeing a fella in qld do it
    And I’d still get good money for selling the 60 versus waiting till Covid settled down
    long wait times and inflation in boat prices

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    But you complain about cheaping out buying a new engine 12k over buying a 60k boat

This was a outboard thread turned into a boat thread wheres the nancys now?
    Gazza, please stop as you have started inflammatory comments again and it will only lead to another ban.

Steve, I have a Quinnie 4.2 WB Dory with a 30hp 2 banger on it and could do with a 50 hp considering the increase from half floor to full floor, leccy etc. Not sure it would take a 70 hp though.
    I've been looking for a SeaJay Velocity SC 520, new about 2 years wait, I've alsi got an Allison Vision 195 and considered selling both as I'm looking for a compromise and to help finance the new boat. But at my age 2 years is a long time to wait and 2nd hand models of around 2016 vintage are dearer with now obsolete sounder/gps etc.
    I'm doing something similar to you and remodelling both boats as I figure in 2 years time things will have settled somewhat and by then my requirements might have changed.