Last update, had a window of opportunity to sneak out this morning to trial the mods. Winds were predicted at 10 knots northerlies going to up to 20 knots after lunch. New moon was last night so thought they might be on the chew today and Funchy was on his break which worked out well.
I wasn't as heavily loaded as normal but still stuck with weight distribution being the same, have some changes in mind for that. I needed far less port side down which was a blessing and the sounder readings were a little better, I suspect the transducer needs to be further away from the pod. Fuel economy, probs the same but I will check it out over the next few trips.
The fishing was a different story, stopped at the first yellow beacon out of the bar and very quickly loaded up on yakkas and moved out to try for some big grassies and snapper. Fish were showing up everywhere but we could not entice them to bite. Different rigs, jigs SP's, vibes all for nought. Funchy did jag a nice wire netting cod and I did get a few nursery red emperor but even the rubbish fish just didn't want to cooperate. We gave up as the winds picked up quickly and with a falling tide decided to head back across the bar before it got too shallow.
Now for my next project........