Thread: Styx river/ Charon point

Lightbulb Styx river/ Charon point

Has any on on here had experience fishing the Styx river in central Qld . Been in there a few times now , can find the crabs no problem, but the fish is a different story can’t find any thing but sharks

Re: Styx river/ Charon point

Quote Originally Posted by JackInTheBox91 View Post
    Has any on on here had experience fishing the Styx river in central Qld . Been in there a few times now , can find the crabs no problem, but the fish is a different story can’t find any thing but sharks
    How is Styx River in Central qld

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Big tides and a lot of run and most of it runs dry , which makes its it bloody hard to fish

Most of the info on fishing the Styx river up near Ogmore is kept pretty local , but big tides are the only time to fish it from what I’ve been told by a long term visitor ( ex local who moved to Brisbane ) .
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yeah they keep it pretty secret as far I know there is no access to the river from ogmore end unless you know someone who lives there. But I finally was able to talk to a local who fish’s it yesterday and he was very helpful , he gave me enough info on where and how I should be fishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JackInTheBox91 View Post
    Yeah they keep it pretty secret as far I know there is no access to the river from ogmore end unless you know someone who lives there. But I finally was able to talk to a local who fish’s it yesterday and he was very helpful , he gave me enough info on where and how I should be fishing it.
    Access is way difficult but a couple of properties allow campers , the pub is a good source of info if you can get one of the locals chatting.
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Wouldn’t mind knowing what propertys they are. I think the army brought a lot of land in that area so they most likely don’t exist anymore and as for the ogmore pub it no longer open as far as I’m aware,I might have to have a yarn at the Marlborough pub