Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Re: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Me mum seen a navara and said she wont be able to get in it, hilux, territory, bt50 are all the same height so i will have to settle for a ford, falcon, xr6, trying to find a 2008-2012 model love those back end lights

My mum is less than 5 foot tall

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Me mum seen a navara and said she wont be able to get in it, hilux, territory, bt50 are all the same height so i will have to settle for a ford, falcon, xr6, trying to find a 2008-2012 model love those back end lights

My mum is less than 5 foot tall
    My mum is short. My brother simply carries a caravan step for her to get into his 200 Series.

Gunna my mum has trouble steeping up a piece of 50mm thick sleeper as a step in the front door, multiple hip hip operations and 2 prostetic hips my mum is lucky she can still walk a tiny bit let alone try use a step to gwt in a car

E market is that slim atm this is all i could find, a 2010 falcon lpg no petrol but i looked up the specs and it uses only a little bit less lpg than my v8 and i may still have the driveway towbar problem

The seller is as tight as a can of spam for sale 3k will take no less than 2.8k thats realistically a 1.8-2k car without corona

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Quiet easy to say Shakey physically i have no problem working, mentally i am really f.... up sadly, i cant work with anyone else im also highly medicated so i doubt someones ganna hire me to use a chain saw
    No good. Sorry to hear that. Was just a thought

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

The shipping guy sent me a random email with a F233 to import kind of weird

This is the hull he linked me to https://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-s...eck-233-a.html

My ford isin the shop getting fixed bloke said the speedo gear was worn and they are no longer made so he had to put a 19 tooth one in which will spin quicker it was my only option and at $440!! With a tranny service

I was curious about the tow vehicle for a F233 so i asked what guys were towing theres with and a lot of them were using F250's one guy did comment he uses a BMW X5 2001 6 cylinder petrol

Old beast has been detailed and washed and is spotless, seems to be the time to sell but not buy, if i get a sale i may look at a 75 series landcruiser for my self and just get a little cheapie 1.3 litre car to run my mum around in

My ford is reasonably priced considering there are 2 on facebook for $8,000-$10,000

75 series i think has 3500kg towing so no worries towing a 23footer

Gazza

Here is an older Pajero that you will get for under two grand. Needs a new motor or rebuild. Might just be up your alley.

Good luck

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...SSE-AD-7411216

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Are you looking at buying a car to tow a boat you haven't got? I am a but puzzled, just trying to make sure I understand.

I dont want a project car Shakey turbo diesel engines and injector pumps cost afortune fortune

Noel i want a car that will tow the current boat but wouldnt mind something that has alarger towing capacity incase i do take on a 23ft hull like the huntsman down the track

Hopefully going to look at a territory, had a offer on my LTD but i think its a car yard/resaler low balled me $2800 been told to hang in there for a higher offer

A Territory will not do any more than what your current car does Gaz, the only thing that will change is the ride height that will help with your driveway but they don't tow much, even the newer models are max 2700kg braked, plus they're weak as piss

Is the Territory you're looking at a 4X4 ?

I just had a look at the territory unsure if it was 4wd that is one thing i wanted to look at i only had a quick 10mins look, it had weird lpg it only had 2x 3 rails bolted to the top of the cam cover and a little box/switch inside the coin tray with a led gauge of light bars i couldnt even see the lpg tank under the car to varify its expiry date, the spare wheel was inside the rear cabin tho bolted up it looked all original

But a bit pricey for a 04 model $3500 it was clean low km's 210km dual fuel, heavy duty towbar

But i'll send old mate a msg now to see if its 4wd i deffinatly need 4wd