Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Re: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

I probably would have paid the 1440 just to get that hull and trailer but its not adding up why old mate took both maritime boat identification numbers off he said the front bin was sitting on the seat and he took the transom bin off to redo the transom yet he never touched the transom or anything structually on tbe hull

I had asked on fb for advice about the hull if it were a good hull and people are advising to just get the hull retagged, i made it clear that was hull rebirthing and i wanted no part of it..

What about your current unfinished project that you have sunk a lot of time and money in? I remember you complaining it was too big and now you want to take on a bigger project. You don't even have a way of towing it. Is this just all an exercise to keep yourself busy?

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Forget tow bar weights. You can only tow what the car can legally tow.

Anything is possible apparently. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thats solid advice there Bluefin..

I dunno what all this fuss about towing is about....obviously whoever wrote the laws has no idea ....you just have to think outside the box.

I just added a 2nd crossmember attached to my towball ..effectively doubling the towing capacity..

4 tonne Berty on a clapped out old Fairlane...no worries now..!..

gaz tow hitchhh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by billfisher View Post
    What about your current unfinished project that you have sunk a lot of time and money in? I remember you complaining it was too big and now you want to take on a bigger project. You don't even have a way of towing it. Is this just all an exercise to keep yourself busy?
    3 boats
    tinny
    old glass one
    and the almost finished one

just finish one and go fishing

what happened to the 50 yamaha

I have 1 boat steve i gave the tinny to a mate

I am going to hold off untill i get a 23 footer its ambishious it will cost a bit of and its going to be a big job

I can either tow it with a 2ton hire truck or buy a cheap shitter like a dyna truck just for towing

I like that huntsman 23 i posted the pic of but its a couple hours up the coast

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I have 1 boat steve i gave the tinny to a mate
    thought you sold the Yamaha on and was going to pod the tinny for a older smaller engine
    So many stories are hard to keep up with

Shame could have joined the shitty little tinny club with me

Tinny is still here as my mate lives out in semi rural sydney and he cant pick it up due to lock down but it has been sold to him, i lost out on it by a few bob, yamaha is far gone now

I only own the V19 now which is pretty much finished just australia post is holding me up but the hull is a good 97% finished

Speechless. Head still shaking. Nothing more to add other than the following. I like being on the water hoping to catch a fish for tea for me and maybe some mates on a good day. Isn't that the point of it all. Have as many good memories in a 10ft tinny as in the boats I have now. Took a while to get there, but it surely wasn't this complicated, and I ate fish often while I waited on a miserable wage.
    Different strokes.. different ambitions.... I guess.
    One thing holds true after following all these threads.... a poor man pays twice. Save, wait. Patience always gets you closer to your dreams, and usually at much less expense.

TheGurn that is not true with boats either u spend 10's of thousands on a rebuilt boat or u spend 10's of thousands on rebuilding a boat you never get a good boat for next to nothing

Im just lucky my V19 has only cost about 12-13k and not 30k because i done the work

Trailer all registered now?

Gunna not yet still in lock down not allowed to gtake the trailer for a blue slip without a reasonable excuse however its ok to take a trailer for a pink slip...

So will you go fishing now? Or after the next build.
    I think you might have missed my point. Regardless.... all the best.

No. Im just going to cast my lures across the lawn, maybe snag a stick fish in the bush