Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

If that 23 Huntsman is one manufactured by International Marine, it's effectively a 2300 Caribbean/ 23 Cusdader. So, just use the weight numbers for them, quoted them in another recent post. No way in the world that you will be towing that with the Ford, you're about a tonne short. Even with a very light fitout and an aluminium trailer, you'll be north of 3 tonne.

Thanks Ran i will try find the thread, i have put in a offer so maybe see what happens

Ran, found your post you mention the 23 being 3.5t with a 300 yamaha that is quiet alot of weight, from what i researched guys were saying the bare hulls were 1500kg and should come in at 2.5t boat, trailer and a single outboard

The one i found has had the top taking off and inboard removed, i keep reading they are a heavy hull tho

My ford has the same v8 as say a late 1980's 1990's era F150-F250 its a Windsor 302 v8 just to clarify its not a 6 cylinder

Looks like he is towing it with a powerhouse landcruiser tho
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your v8 is not as capable in-suspension traction towcapacity

from memory apart from being illegal in this instance has a insane amount of kms on it

finish what you have and put the forum out if it’s misery with a video of it being launched and used

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    If that 23 Huntsman is one manufactured by International Marine, it's effectively a 2300 Caribbean/ 23 Cusdader. So, just use the weight numbers for them, quoted them in another recent post. No way in the world that you will be towing that with the Ford, you're about a tonne short. Even with a very light fitout and an aluminium trailer, you'll be north of 3 tonne.
    I don't think the Huntsman was the same, the Huntsman had a very full bow, almost just a rounded square, whereas the Caribbean was much more fine and almost pointed (from memory) but they are a very heavy boat, I have fished out of one hundreds of times, and need a decent truck to tow them properly, regardless of towing capacity stated on utes these days.

Motor size is irrelevant. What is the LEGAL towing capacity of that model Ford?

https://www.autotrader.com.au/ford/f...owing-capacity

Thanks Noel,

I have another contender a mate showed me its supposedly a 6m reef runner cruise craft would look ok with a wave breaker and a 250hp v6 2 stroke, just got toldit has 2 soft spots in the floor and needs a transom but i'll have 2x 6m boats than

Steve im still in the lock down lga i cant do anything we still cant leave the house
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im going to hopefully snag that cruise craft if someone hasnt bought it yet just trying to work out the cheapest way to get it home last thing i want is to be stuck in a shitty lock down again with nothing to do its currently driving me insane waiting 11 days for shipping im pulling my hair out

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Motor size is irrelevant. What is the LEGAL towing capacity of that model Ford?

https://www.autotrader.com.au/ford/f...owing-capacity
    My car is currently rated to 1600kg (light duty towbar) but i have a heavy duty towbar in my yard rated to 2300kg my rear susspension is my only let down the springs are soft as its a limozene rather than a tow vehicle

Forget tow bar weights. You can only tow what the car can legally tow.

That is the legal towing limit 2300kg

I just got a quote $440 to tow a boat 1 hour away jesus

Well it’s twohours for him or more , there, back to you, back to depot
    Your paying wages for him and truck use

if your bailing at 440 wouldn’t that be telling you the whole thing doesn’t make sense

Ll screw me... the bloke with the 5.6m cruise craft showed me lots of pics i asked to see a pic of the BIN he said it doesnt have one.. i circled it in his picture he said he removed both and lost them LOL for f... real some people think others are stupid.

Only about 40mins Steve each way $440 is a bit excessive i think i may have been over quoted due to it being a boat

Buy a tow truck and go into business if They are making so much

father ram a smash repair shop for 25 years it’s not excessive

Only one reason someone would remove a hin number