Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Re: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Guess i need to look for a 4x4 territory these cars were barely selling for $1800 before corona now there selling for $5,000+ bloody stupid how the economy crashes and cars sky rocket in price

Cat i suspect the car yard has already contacted me via classifieds offering $2800 they put the boot in itslisted for $4,500

Yet i only negotiated old mate today from $3,500 to $2,800

Happy to sit on my hands for a few more days untill a good car comes up but boat and trailer go to the mechanics next week so i'd like to know i have something to push the boat up the driveway

Im coming up empty handed there is just nothing on the market, hows a navara for a tow vehicle?

Shit motors with timing chain issues..navara's were about the cheapest 2nd hand vehicle when I was looking for a 4wd tow vehicle a couple of years back..

I went with a 2010 Pajero and have had zero probs...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Shit motors with timing chain issues..navara's were about the cheapest 2nd hand vehicle when I was looking for a 4wd tow vehicle a couple of years back..

I went with a 2010 Pajero and have had zero probs...
    The 3 litre D22 Navara wasn't bad. The zd30 was a heap more reliable in the nav than the patrol. I put 250 thousand on one - regular servicing, a suspension change and a set of rear wheel bearings. The clutch was still original but was probably nearing replacement time. It towed ok apart from stopping. If it had ABS it would have been fine. Certainly no LandCruiser but better than a sedan. No timing chain either - gears.

My cousin is trying to tell me to buy a mid 90's era prado landcruiser at 5k are they even worth anything near 5k?

Years ago the new reps got d22 and being senior I got a bit more of a budget and got a d40 navara

mine was a lot nicer vehicle to drive and tow with the d22s were a tractor in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Years ago the new reps got d22 and being senior I got a bit more of a budget and got a d40 navara

mine was a lot nicer vehicle to drive and tow with the d22s were a tractor in comparison
    No argument. They were a basic no frills vehicle that wasn't trying to extract high output out of a small capacity engine. Probably why it was reliable. Only thing with it was rear drums locking up under emergency braking. ABS would have sorted that.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    My cousin is trying to tell me to buy a mid 90's era prado landcruiser at 5k are they even worth anything near 5k?
    No real known issues with Prados, they just keep on going.

Half the people on gumtree and facebook are not replying to msgs, found 2 4wd territorys both decently priced one was only 2k but this lock down is sucky i called service nsw hotline and they were closed, i than called the local cop shop ro ask if i could leave my lga to purchase a car dor transport he wouldnt give me a clear answer and told me to call the corona hotline where a lady said its in the gray area and it would be up to the cop if i were pulled over

So now im stuck and have to look in my lga

I, like most others on here, fail to see the urgency of buying another car. Surely it can wait a couple weeks till your lga is out of lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I, like most others on here, fail to see the urgency of buying another car. Surely it can wait a couple weeks till your lga is out of lockdown?
    Thats the best advice yet...

Rushing in you will likely just be buying someones old junker at a premiem price...

Kinda like what you just did with that corroded old yammie you recently sold to some poor sap....

Just more Gaz drama..over and out...

Disorderly i can only tell a thick person so many times i wont repeat it again.

Gunnayeah spoke with someone else my options are to wait 9 days untill lock down is lifted but that means postponing everything, trailer rego, maiden of the boat etc..

The only cars i see plenty of are turbo diesel captivas there is about 7 to pick from

But you guys have warned against those

Theres a ex company navara TD but i cant get there for another 9 days

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Gunnayeah spoke with someone else my options are to wait 9 days untill lock down is lifted but that means postponing everything, trailer rego, maiden of the boat etc..

The only cars i see plenty of are turbo diesel captivas there is about 7 to pick from

But you guys have warned against those

Theres a ex company navara TD but i cant get there for another 9 days
    What rubbish. You know very well the Ford will tow it easily and pull it out of the water easily. Stop finding problems that don’t exist. Others have told you how to solve the problems in the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    What rubbish. You know very well the Ford will tow it easily and pull it out of the water easily. Stop finding problems that don’t exist. Others have told you how to solve the problems in the yard.
    Gunna i take it you drive front wheel drive compact cars and own a tinny? For some information to forfill your self with i have owned mostly rear wheel drive commodores i have been stuck at sylvania (hole in the wall), chipping norton lake, the entrance, and the old botany ramps so yes it is very likely i will get stuck again and that is no shit!!

If you look at my towbar its the same as everyone elses on a ford but where my trailer is different most have up to 100mm hanging below the ball (100mm shs steel drawbars) i have 130mm i beam below my ball mount than i have 155mm bolts thats 155mm below the ball in trailer height (130mm i beam,2x 6mm plates, 10mm nuts) tell me genius how u get clearance reversing up a steep driveway?

That is 6 inches of trailer right under the ball...