Thread: Twin Power SW 6000HG or Stradic SW 6000XG

Ausfish Bronze Member

Twin Power SW 6000HG or Stradic SW 6000XG

Looking at setting up a medium topwater/flats combo. I have a 14000 Twin Power currently on my heavy flats combo and love it to bits. I also run an FL Stradic 5000 for my 30lb TW combo, and find it a very capable little reel. Looking for reviews and advice for a 6000/8000 reel for a 50lbs set up. Cheers! So far have looked at Certate 8000H, Stradic SW 6000XG, Gosa 6/8000, TP 6000HG. Rod will most likely be a Grappler, Nomad Offshore or Spartan.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Twin Power SW 6000HG or Stradic SW 6000XG

Interested to see what advice you get here.
    I am looking for a similar rig. I did go and look at the Diawa Saltiga but the $$ threw me off, and I don't normally balk at 'investments' . I've always used Shimano Sustains (up to 5000), and went for another Sustain for that purchase, but would love something a little bigger.
    Keen to see where you end up.
    Cheers
    Corry

A toss up between the Certate LT Ark & the Twin power SW6000 ...... you wouldn't go wrong with either one - similar specs . As a medium 50lb set up (12kgs of drag) these lighter reels would be better for long casting sessions

The Certate 21 SW is pretty beefed up & adds about 200 grams & doubles the drag capacity over the other two...... do you need 24kgs of drag on a medium outfit ?

Finally , The $600 plus saving over the Saltiga buys a bloody nice rod to go with it .

Chris

PS - I've been looking for a second reel to do the same job & I cant believe how much the prices have gone up
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Can’t go wrong with any of them in my opinion. Although I would chose the Saragosa in 8000, particularly after reading Alan Hawk’s review recently of the SWA series https://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/sgwa.html . Rates it amongst the best reels he’s ever reviewed. Save some cash on the reel and buy more lures!

Ausfish Bronze Member

Yeah, you really can't beat the Gosa for price.

Blog Entries

I have Saragossa and Twin power. Both very capable

I do love the lightweight and smooth Twin Power but the gossa price is awesome

if you can afford the extra $$$ go the TP