Thread: Electric reel connections

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Electric reel connections

Hi guys, I've got a Daiwa Tanacombe 1000 that I use by lugging along a seperate 12v battery and the standard Daiwa cable with the +/- alligator clips. Works OK but I'd prefer to hook it up to my two batteries via a decent outlet. I've looked at the Hamilton switches with the general opinion they are just junk and corrode very quickly.

Can anybody suggest what components would be suitable here thanks? The sparky end of the cable is just the usual Pos/Neg wires so don't see that as being a challenge to chop off and solder to the appropriate switch.

Magic reel! Gone are the days of cranking up 100 metres of 50 lb line 100's of times with shrieking pain in the winching arm, now I just hit the Go Lever, stick it in rod holder and watch it happen!

Thanks

Ausfish Bronze Member Red October's Avatar

Re: Electric reel connections

Hi,

I have the same reel, cant agree more about the ease of use. I chopped off the battery clips and put an anderson plug on and then wired up a few andereson plug to my auxillary battery via a isolation switch and fuse. Works well and allows me to fish either side of the boat.

Re: Electric reel connections

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Hi,

I have the same reel, cant agree more about the ease of use. I chopped off the battery clips and put an anderson plug on and then wired up a few andereson plug to my auxillary battery via a isolation switch and fuse. Works well and allows me to fish either side of the boat.
    Ditto to Red