Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 337

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

  1. #211

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Forgot to add i done 4kms and used 2.5L of fuel

  2. #212

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Now you need to run at WOT and see what you get and then look at engine height first and then props if you are wanting to achieve optimum results. On a 19 degree deadrise hull, my engine would be a full 2 inches higher than yours - possibly more. Yes it will work lower but you are simply dragging water costing both performance and fuel if it's not right.

  3. #213

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Yeah i seen that in the owners manual the other day Scott it was interesting i could gain 10mph by lifting it 2 inches but today doing 60kph felt only just boarder line safe i reckon another 15kph i'd be shitting my self

    Just that whole feeling of the hull lifting up and your riding on just the back half of the heel and the hull feels very "floaty" it just feels like if something were to go wrong...

    Maybe a couple mates will weigh down the hull

    Slippery floor didnt help either, and its only 60kph and i have owned 90kph jetskis and ride road and dirt bikes this hull at just over 60kph feels like doing 260kph on a R6 maybe i took to much weight out of the hull and put a heavy engine on her

  4. #214

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    I may have had to much up trim? Looking at this guys video he is riding on the whole keel


  5. #215

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    I picked up some black see thru tinted perspex and used a heat gun
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #216

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    I was going to register the boat and hit the bay this weekend but looks like its going to rain
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #217

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    ...... bugger! Just took the old girl to get the BIN reattached and validated when i returned home i had a broken mudguard, snapped bolt, tiny pinch in the rim, must have hit a medium strip

    Trailers wheels are far back so it takes two lanes to turn some corners or the trailer goes up the gutter, im finding im driving over low level round abouts to but cant help it whole rig is too long

    If i can replace the mudguard and move the mounts soon i'll try get some video when i take her out into the bay and possibly head outside for a troll for some mack tuna, bonito, kingys etc and give her a run

    I think the owner of the boat shop was thinking of buying my boat.. he mentioned he has been looking for one just like it, he went and done reasearch on the model while paper work was being done

    But i said it wasnt for sale...

  8. #218

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Surely it can't be that long? People tow 23' boats with big 4X4s (and bigger) all the time, you just need to get used to it.

  9. #219

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    ...... bugger! Just took the old girl to get the BIN reattached and validated when i returned home i had a broken mudguard, snapped bolt, tiny pinch in the rim, must have hit a medium strip

    Trailers wheels are far back so it takes two lanes to turn some corners or the trailer goes up the gutter, im finding im driving over low level round abouts to but cant help it whole rig is too long

    If i can replace the mudguard and move the mounts soon i'll try get some video when i take her out into the bay and possibly head outside for a troll for some mack tuna, bonito, kingys etc and give her a run

    I think the owner of the boat shop was thinking of buying my boat.. he mentioned he has been looking for one just like it, he went and done reasearch on the model while paper work was being done

    But i said it wasnt for sale...

    Everything's for sale if the price is right (in my opinion) it's easy to buy something, but it's not always easy to sell something.

  10. #220

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Surely it can't be that long? People tow 23' boats with big 4X4s (and bigger) all the time, you just need to get used to it.
    Speaking of........
    A few years back, a mates tow vehicle's transmission had cooked itself, was in getting repaired. A group of us were taking our boats North to Eden for a few days, His boat was in getting an anchor winch fitted and some other wiring, So I offered to pick it up for him and take it to his house. This was his pride and Joy, 6.5 meter Haines, wouldn't even trust me on my own to pick it up
    So we arrived at the place, hooked her up, off we went, the first corner we came to, traffic was heavy, I saw a gap and took off, mis judged the length of his boat ( mine is only 5.5 m, I mounted the huge curb turning, I'm pretty sure the boat/trailer went airborne, fair put the frights up us, he had that look on his face as we got back on track as if to say, How could you do that to my boat !!!!.
    The saving grace part, was that I cleared a street sign post by a good 2-3 inches...........
    I was dead set embarrassed and he never let me live down my wee hiccup. Just plain and simply didn't allow for the longer boat and trailer I was towing, felt like a right Pratt ..
    I had actual shared long trips towing the same boat, even did all the ramp reversing etc.
    So Yeah, getting used to it is what it's about,,, and, for me at the time, getting the brain matter to click, that the boat was a fair sight longer than mine.

    Col
    .......

  11. #221

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    nice job on the windscreen , plenty of casting room in the , look forward to see the drone chase shots , congrats

  12. #222

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    It is really long guys i needed to me in the right lane (2 lane road) to turn left but it had a red light camera so i just turned in the left lane kind of like a bus and still clipped the gutter felt the wheels go up it but i hit a few medium strips too along the way, boat is about 25cm wider on each side of the car, aswell as the wheel pushed up the gutter its pushed up so high it snapped the mudguard

    I'll get her fixed, one other mudguard has rubbed too so i will cut off all the mounts and reposition the mudguards than i'll be on the water

  13. #223

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    As you get more experienced in towing a larger boat mate, you'll get the hang of it... I'm pretty sure those truck drivers have it sorted (albeit with their smaller bogies and b doubles)

  14. #224

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    It is really long guys i needed to me in the right lane (2 lane road) to turn left but it had a red light camera so i just turned in the left lane kind of like a bus and still clipped the gutter felt the wheels go up it but i hit a few medium strips too along the way, boat is about 25cm wider on each side of the car, aswell as the wheel pushed up the gutter its pushed up so high it snapped the mudguard

    I'll get her fixed, one other mudguard has rubbed too so i will cut off all the mounts and reposition the mudguards than i'll be on the water
    You should try driving a semi around town, the trick with towing something long is to hold your line then turn late and sharp rather than just floating around the corner like a car because the trailer won’t follow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #225

    Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

    Yeah i have to work something out the left door mirror cant see the trailer wheelsdoing a left turn i may need extended mirrors asi cant adjust the mirror for each corner or leave my left side out of sight all the time

    Heres the damaged mudguard im going to epoxy it for now and replace it in a couple weeks, the mudguard mounts are hopefully getting moved back tomorrow so i can get out and wet a line
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us