Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

About to pack her away she cleared my gates by 3cm on each side the trailer mover woeked great glad i built it it never slipped one bit moving the trailer 20 meters even on loose dry dirt but i will see soon when i push her out the back

The trailer mover used heaps of battery power the NS40 battery was full after moving the trailer 20 meters the battery was put on charge and read 47% i think the battery is only about 40ah
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done Gaz, huge milestone

I just got the boat back inside the gates i had a tiny bit of a problem the trailer movers handle broke off it was weak chinese 2mm steel and the mover really needs some muscle to turn it and the wheels bogged in the soft dry dirt but instead of trying to power it out as i tried it just dug a deep hole i tried pulsing the back button and she pulled straight out of the hole

Boat is just hehind locked gates it took around 35mins to load up and another 35mins to move into the backyard i had to jack the front of the trailer about 15 times all up in/out of the yard to turn the trailer mover wheels in the right direction

Going on 5 days for a order with Whitworths and its still as "packaging" thinking i may call tomorrow to cancel the order as i can walk in on monday andjust pick it up

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I just got the boat back inside the gates i had a tiny bit of a problem the trailer movers handle broke off it was weak chinese 2mm steel and the mover really needs some muscle to turn it and the wheels bogged in the soft dry dirt but instead of trying to power it out as i tried it just dug a deep hole i tried pulsing the back button and she pulled straight out of the hole

Boat is just hehind locked gates it took around 35mins to load up and another 35mins to move into the backyard i had to jack the front of the trailer about 15 times all up in/out of the yard to turn the trailer mover wheels in the right direction
    Add another jockey wheel mount Gazza - quick lift with the jockey wheel to change direction instead of stuffing around with a jack.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Add another jockey wheel mount Gazza - quick lift with the jockey wheel to change direction instead of stuffing around with a jack.
    Yeah this jockey wheel mount is all mangled it was a very weak mount im now looking at getting the double mount i think its made by ALKO but i just havent ordered it yet

Going on 5 days for a order with Whitworths and its still as "packaging" thinking i may call tomorrow to cancel the order as i can walk in on monday andjust pick it up
    I think you’ll find it’s to late. Order probably left the store and in transit. It’s not Whitworths that cause delivery delay, it’s what happens after order leaves the supplier

Well done on the trailer

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Shakey the order hasnt left the store i havent received a email saying its been sent out and no tracking number, its still saying there packing the order

Trailer is now fully registered guys the cost of rego was as follows, weigh vridge ticket (from memory $50), blue slip first charge $79 second charge $50, rego just cost $336

I just need a longer fuel breether hose to reach the outlet in the splashwell, i need to work out what im going to do about my alternator i was sold the wrong mount, my battery cables only reach into the splashwell, and im waiting for the steering rod

Everything else is done and ready to rock n roll, i installed the fuel tank today

Boat is filthy i need some stainless mesh over the bilge, i may need to find abelt 100mm 125mm longer this alternator bracket isnt adjustable
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shakey the order hasnt left the store i havent received a email saying its been sent out and no tracking number, its still saying there packing the order
    Well get on the phone today and change it to collect and tell them you’ll be there Monday. Simple

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Got another problem while the engine was tilted up while the trailer went for rego the base powerhead gasket started to leak thats the gasket i changed when i swapped powerheads, im goibg to order a new gasket this week and get it expressed from the US than i'll use silicone sealer this time

Im just ganna run it guys, need to get the alternator belt and my steering arm should be here mid week, plan isto maiden the boat this week

Not sure where im going botany, hacking, hawkesbury or just the local river

Got my belt sorted it took a regular automotive 75cm 4 grove belt, the actuall mercury belt is a stretch belt but mine had shrunk from not being installed over 2 years and would have been to tight to stretch 25mm

Now im going to charge the battery and put some fuel in the under floor tank and get the engine running to see how minor the leak is