Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

It'll be alright at night gazza....think back to the days of cheap halogens that had perished and faded lenses....

Also why not put your car up on gumtree as "Swap for 4x4 or tow car"? Surely you'll find some young bloke with a slow 4x4 that wants a v8...

Our probably right Cobbo, the boat should be well lit if my interior lights show up

Any idea why the front left and right corners of the splash well are cracking? Motor to heavy? The crack has gotten a lot bigger since i took the hull off the trailer the second time
    Attached Images Attached Images

Might have been some kind of twist on the trailer and now it's just moving back, or...it's twisted now and cracking.

Im not to sure what is happening, when i was pulling the hull off the trailer i heard a loud crack i thought it was the tree the hull was tied off to

It looks like its cracking on a very old repair the crack just looks like all chopped mat no cloth in it

Hull is back on the trailer just means when i go back for the trailer plate and vin stamp i have to tow the boat and engine

St jazzing up the old girl washed her 2 days ago than the neighbour mows her lawn thousands of grass clipping all over my car the next day

I got approved for a $10,000 car loan but they want 100% interest LOL they can shove that
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just got a phone call from the mechanic my trailer is all cleared to get the vin number stamped and the built plate attached so i should have alegally registerd trailer next week

think those fairlanes might be worth a bit more in todays market

Yeah Cat people are asking 8k-10k on facebook i have mine up for half of that

Last two-three months i have gotten new tyres, new engine oil full synthetic, hi flow k&n oil filter with oil cooler, transmission service now she drives incredibly nice and silky smooth its like a totally new car just im not sure if i can reverse her up the driveway with the boat but i'll know next week if it doesnt sell

Last owner the bloke who died, im not sure what he was doing or asked to be done, exhause headers come down into two pipes in front of the catylitic converter looks like 2.5" than the two pipes from the cat go back which are 2" than it changes to 2.5" back to the front of the tip

Car is incredible quiet, out side of the car it sounds like a regular ford straight 6, sitting inside u hear the rubble of the v8

So i reckon it may be a turn off for buyers around here they love drive shit boxes with loud exhausts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Last two-three months i have gotten new tyres, new engine oil full synthetic, hi flow k&n oil filter with oil cooler, transmission service now she drives incredibly nice and silky smooth its like a totally new car just im not sure if i can reverse her up the driveway with the boat but i'll know next week if it doesnt sell
    Logic says that your problems at the top of the driveway are due to trailer drawbar rampover angle, which has not much to do with car clearance and everything to do with towball height - which is adjustable with a 5 hole hitch.

Why sell it if you're happy with it and it suits your needs?

Hey Moph wheel spin can be a problem in the old girl she is only 2 wheel drive, the clearance issue is solved by using the heavy duty towbar, but i susspect the wheels may spin

Besides changing car the only option i have would be to run some really fat/wide gripped tyres on my mover maybe run 4 or even 6 wheels on my trailer mover

Is that an IRS AU Fairlane? If so it should have LSD, so better than most.

I used to launch the family 16' half cab using a 1982 GH Sigma with the mighty 2L Astron engine ... not something I'd do today, but I never really had grip issues even on slippery ramps. Given your larger 19' boat and heavier LSD-fitted car, I think you'll do just fine as well. Just don't be right foot happy.

For the first time i just torqued down my engine mount bolts to 75n.m the thermolite transom didnt make any noises creeks cracks of compress the first bolt for each side took a fair few turns so i only done it up tight than torqued the other side and moved back to the first bolt, all 4 bolts were torqued using a 3/8" torque wrench

I placed 2 lengths of 6mm by 40mm aluminium on the inside of the hull as you guys suggested i ran out of aluminium to double up 2x 6mm pieces so i just ran 2 full lengths with 4 pieces cut as washers

Now i just need a steering arm and connect it, sort out a temp fuel tank + fuel hose, rego trailer rego boat and im on the water