Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Be easy enough to glass a "pad" of ply to the floor so the battery box strap screws only go into the pad, with a bit of sealer on the screws it will last forever. How about some vertical rod storage, much better to fit more rods in than laying down. Hingeing the T top is going to be painful unless as advised, it does hinge from the floor, even then you need to know how long the roof is, because when folded, the roof is then vertical.

Yeah i will go with that idea for the battery base, not sure where to place the vertical rod holder we may have up to 8 rods on the boat at one time, the t top will likely have to be fully removable as the roof is 2.2m long 1.2m wide unless i scrap it and try save to buy a folding dolphin t top but that option is very expensive i could possible cut my t top in half and add hinges so the top half folds forward over the bow but no ideas running threw my head on that idea as of yet

I need thet top to be very sturdy so a few people can stand and hang on, the other day when we were outside running at 40kph it felt really comfortable for me standing/driving but my uncle broke hes chair,my cousin sitting on the main seats backward facing said his spine almost snapped, my cousin sitting on the esky up the front said it felt like his spine came out his ass, so standing andholding on needs to be an option

A couple of well placed grab rails will help. To hinge the T top will take some fabrication of custom hinges, kind of like the Trailcraft has. Vertical rod storage will be easy and cheap, even those 4 alloy pipe things will work, just locate them in a spot that's protected from spray and out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post

but my uncle broke hes chair,my cousin sitting on the main seats backward facing said his spine almost snapped, my cousin sitting on the esky up the front said it felt like his spine came out his ass, so standing andholding on needs to be an option
    What a hoot.

I could go 2 of those rod holders one each side of the bait tank but it kind of blocks the back end fishing, i thought about the t top and cutting straight thru 3 tubes on each side for a fully removable roof but the catch will mean i need to get some sleeves machined perfectly to fit each tube, place the roof on than slide custom tubes over the cut than push in locking pins but its quiet an effort machining 6x tubes and i will have to buy another cheap lathe and im broke

Cut thru these 6 tubes forgot the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will order some supplies in acouple of days to mount dual batteries inside the console with a lot of internet searching google suggest a 4 cylinder starter motor draws 125-150amps so than i googled cable gauges and i estimated 19ft of cable once routed it said i needed 4 gauge which is 20mm2 so im going with welding cable 25mm2 good for 230amps

I looked into a dual battery auto switch but my engine has a smart alternator so that wont work so im going with the advice from you guys and ordering a 1-2-1+2-off switch and a couple battery straps to screw and tie the batteries down

Ahh not good i killed the small battery i charged it maybe 5 days ago its reading 10.6v

Im waiting for 10 meters of 3 gauge battery cable, some lugs and a battery switch to be delivered

Today i welded the jockey post back onto the trailer mover but i squashed one relay so i tided up my movers wiring so its less likely to catch

In the next 4-6 weeks im hopping to pick up a radio and a epirb if i can stretch it i'll grab a plb too

The mahi mahi should be here in 4 weeks so tight lines zzzzzzz

Parts are slowly arriving the cable is taking yonks i should have shopped smarter the cable is coming from point peiry i think its called in South Australia must be on a slow boat heading west than north right up the scenic route

Got my main switch i was skeptical of ebay shit this switch was $40 cheaper than a similar one but very happy with the quality and how it feels

I ordered some 3 b&s (gauge) lugs but they seem tiny as to my fingers
    Attached Images Attached Images