Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Got the best welding rods money can buy arrived today WIA 13S
    Let’s see how they go !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Super Heavy Duty Homemade Trailer Mover

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    Let’s see how they go !

I'll post up pics of my welds good or bad but i have a bit of cutting before i start laying down the structual welds

Pretty keen to seehow these rods go tho they are suppose to be highly recommended

My welds yesterday were using very cheap Gemini rods

Hats off to you. I wish I had the skills to make things. I can make stuff but I am too lazy to do it frequently enough to become good at it.

Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Brettoh View Post
    Hats off to you. I wish I had the skills to make things. I can make stuff but I am too lazy to do it frequently enough to become good at it.

Good job
    I'm not good at anything but i give everything a go, if i see something built or made that i like i believe i can do it my self too

I am not really a good welder all my welding skills are self taught, i have only been stick welding maybe 1.5 years and its not a monthly thing it may be 3-5 months between picking up the welder

A big drive for me doing diy is i lived in povity for the first 20 years of my life i seen nice things other people had that i couldnt afford but i was not jelous not one bit but i learnt to built what i want or repair broken things

I have been told im a tinkerer, an ideas man etc.. realistically i just cant afford a $4000 trailer mover lol

Hey guys i have a bit of slop on my aluminium bearings for the drive motor anyone know where i can get brass oilless bearings 20mm id, 25mm od width can be cut back

Im looking high and low online now the onl y ones i can find in this size are in china i cant wait that long

Got it sorted inner bearings are smaller than the hole in the steel the outer bearings had a locking pin on the outside i just die grind out the pin and the bearings fot nice

Got the motor assembly bolted up and ready to weld into place just waiting for the bolts for the bearing flanges on the rear axle than i can make final cuts and weld it up
    Attached Images Attached Images

O idea where im going wrong with the WIA rodsbut my welds looked like shit so i groundthem down and rewelded them 2 or 3 times over and still couldnt work them out so i ground it back and used the cheap Gemini rods andcones this is how she welded

Remember shes upside down in the pics just waiting for wheels, chain etc.. i hooked her up to a battery and she runs good

Having trouble seeing you pictures? Not sure what is going on

Ausfish Platinum Member

Gazza, just curious, what was wrong with the standard Mini Mover 2?

I'm looking at something similar for moving not only boat but car trailer as well, curious as to why the standard Mini Mover 2 wasn't adequate.
    (pics work fine for me)
    Cheers
    Corry

Having trouble seeing you pictures? Not sure what is going on

Can see them now

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Gazza, just curious, what was wrong with the standard Mini Mover 2?

I'm looking at something similar for moving not only boat but car trailer as well, curious as to why the standard Mini Mover 2 wasn't adequate.
    (pics work fine for me)
    Hey Corry, the mini mover 2 is agood littlemover it moved my whole rig boat, motor and trailer but its best used on a all concrete surface

My yard varies, mold on concrete, grass, dirt etc all over the concrete and i need a mover to work on grass asi want to offer set the hull from my driveway for security reasons the mini mover 2 lacks traction with its single 8.2 inch drive wheel the wheel is only around 2.75-3 inches wide so it has very little traction

U can see the mini mover 2 pushing my hull and trailer only here (no engine) once the hull rolled off the end of the driveway the MM2 still worked but it wouldnt pull the hull up on to the driveway again

My mod im just giving it a higher gear ratio and more traction

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    O idea where im going wrong with the WIA rodsbut my welds looked like shit so i groundthem down and rewelded them 2 or 3 times over and still couldnt work them out so i ground it back and used the cheap Gemini rods andcones this is how she welded

Remember shes upside down in the pics just waiting for wheels, chain etc.. i hooked her up to a battery and she runs good
    What did it look like? The finished product came out alright.

What did it look like? The finished product came out alright.

The welds looked terrable i was told i ordered the wrong rods for the job i had ordered 13S rods which are very runny fluid like melt

The 12 rods are a thicker melt that stays put

I should have ordered WIA 12 rods but i finished the job off with Gemini 12 rods i also had my amps to high (spatter everywhere)

The chain and link press came today the wheels may come tomorrow than i just need to make a couple round plate wheel hubs and weld them on, weld on my mounting post, tidy up the wiring and im in business

I just receieved the wheels they are much smaller and skinner than i expected, i just need to make some wheel hubs and weld them on than weld on the old jockey wheel vertical piece that goes into the clamp than i can see if it moves the boat