Thread: Caloundra Wide 20/21.08

Caloundra Wide 20/21.08

Hi all, I headed out to fish Caloundra wide on Friday afternoon targeting trag and pearlies.
    This spot usually produces for me and this trip was no different.
    We got to the reef for our first drop approx 4pm after looking around under a flock of Mutton birds but only finding some small bait schools and then we followed some whales for a while getting a few pics.
    Conditions were excellent so we were enjoying the trip out.
    We managed to box a Pearlie around 50cm, a Moses perch, a 43cm squire and a couple of average 50-60 odd cm trag before dark. Once the sun dropped it was trag after trag until we had our bag of 10 which meant time to stop fishing as these fish do not release. We tried two more marks trying to find some pearlies but they also produced trag so we made the call to head in and sleep at curtain as the wind was up to 15 knots fro the north and things were a little sloppy.
    We fished curtain Friday night and Saturday morning hoping for some more snapper but we were flat out getting a decent bite.
    We headed across a flat bay at approx 8am and headed home with 13 fish in the Esky from 3 hrs of fishing Friday afternoon/evening.
    Tight lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Caloundra Wide 20/21.08

Sounds like a half decent trip & there is nothing wrong with a good feed of pearlies & trag

How far was that run for you (Cal Wide to Curtain)?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Caloundra Wide 20/21.08

Gday NAGG. Not sure on the k’s from Caloundra Wide to Curtain. We put in at Scarborough ramp so it was on the way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk