Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The great esky debate

Re: The great esky debate

, Well just came home from BCF with a New Dometic 110 ltr . Getting out of the car and sitting it atop the engel 95 ltr im wandering if it will be too Big for the new Boat to come !!??, hopefully BCF will exchange for smaller one if that is the case ??.
    For $305 dollars priocematched to Hanaconda i couldnt resist and it looks okay , closes n opens all good though would have like a bigger Bung let out water easier n faster when washing.
    Anyhows they have a two year warrenty im told and if its gunna warp or whatever under our conditions it will do so before then especially sitting back or front of a centre console.
    Thought the bigger box ideal for the good days i might get out chase a mackeral or two..

Good luck mate...

The first Dometic one the missus bought came home to discover the outer skin had been pierced by the sharp corner of something during transit or at the store...
    Really thin skinned crappy esky but as Chris found it was only $50 or so and it suits the purpose..

The 200l Technie ice mackie box is sloppily built but at least it seems durable and it does hold ice well..

I also have the annoying habit of buying stuff and getting it home and attacking it with the builders square, straight edge and tape measure...

Most folks may not even notice the imperfections I do, but my dad was a woodwork/metalwork teacher and draftsman and we handbuilt 2 homes from bare dirt before I left school so perfect measurements were drilled into me from a young age..and i was chastised if anything I built or measured was not square and true...

Whats the new boat going to be Volvo...?

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Good luck mate...

The first Dometic one the missus bought came home to discover the outer skin had been pierced by the sharp corner of something during transit or at the store...
    Really thin skinned crappy esky but as Chris found it was only $50 or so and it suits the purpose..

The 200l Technie ice mackie box is sloppily built but at least it seems durable and it does hold ice well..

I also have the annoying habit of buying stuff and getting it home and attacking it with the builders square, straight edge and tape measure...

Most folks may not even notice the imperfections I do, but my dad was a woodwork/metalwork teacher and draftsman and we handbuilt 2 homes from bare dirt before I left school so perfect measurements were drilled into me from a young age..and i was chastised if anything I built or measured was not square and true...

Whats the new boat going to be Volvo...?

Well lets hope this esky does the job , previouse Polly started Lid warping and puffing though it had a good three years on my previouse centre console in the Sun and weather ?/
    5.2 Seajay Centre Console mate with 100 HPHonda fourbi . T Top which i hope to get extended Cover made up keep ye old noggin cool for this neck o the woods lol.
    length is good enough for me for the spots i fish and has more room inside throw a swag down for overnighting up the Rivers/Creeks , plus i like the casting platform up front for chuckin a castnet for livies and more underfloor storage also..
    Hopefully if im still up n running after awhile i will get an electric for it lol but so far the Missus does a good job of Anchorman/Women and soon as she gives the nod ill purchase an Electric Lol..

Mindyou i think ill Miss the woomff of the Etec .. Served me More than Well it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Mindyou i think ill Miss the woomff of the Etec .. Served me More than Well it did.
    Combustion ?? ..... booommm

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Great reveiw...Seems legit..Bugga the Yeti...Willow is king...

https://www.facebook.com/willempower...53538868993623

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Great reveiw...Seems legit..Bugga the Yeti...Willow is king...

https://www.facebook.com/willempower...53538868993623

Absolutely legit

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Do Willow make travel mugs they would stay hot for a week.