Thread: In dads tackle box

In dads tackle box

Just going through my fathers tackle box and found a few old memories, i started fishing in the 60s as a child and we didnt seem to have swivels, we used these spiral lead items that you passed the line through then twisted till tight on the line, this kept the sinker at desired level above hook, our rods were rangoon cane rods fitted to turned timber bases with around a dozen white runners, anybody else remember these..IMG_20210808_092740_1.jpgIMG_20210808_092912_1.jpg

Re: In dads tackle box

Expect there is a few old Alveys as well?

Yes a nice 7 inch rosewood Alvey that i never use and will give to one of my boys.

Remember the spiral leads, used them a lot. Think you can still get them online but haven't seen them in a tackle shop for years.

Quote Originally Posted by brett62 View Post
    Remember the spiral leads, used them a lot. Think you can still get them online but haven't seen them in a tackle shop for years.
    Made them myself, just get lead wire and twist around a nail. I still have a roll of lead wire but haven't used it in years as more into SP's in the estuaries. A mate still has his fathers split cane rods with those runners.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Yes a nice 7 inch rosewood Alvey that i never use and will give to one of my boys.
    My surf reel is a rosewood 650 I bought in the late 60’s. Shows how rarely I surf fish lol.